PDA

View Full Version : pregabalin dose

shiznit76
03-07-16, 11:36
My doc is starting me of on 25mg/day and to work up to 150mg/day for GAD, just wondered, is this likely to be still too small a dose? I am pretty med sensitive so thats why working up from just 25mg/day, but see some folk on doses of 600mg/day so just a bit concerned 150mg/day may not be enough

Tims
03-07-16, 19:55
Hi
I found some decent effect at about 300mg, split in 2 doses. However I was on 150 for about 3 weeks before increasing.

shiznit76
05-07-16, 11:34
is it best to take dose twice a day or three times? my doc suggested 3 times

Tims
05-07-16, 17:22
I sometimes split into 3 doses myself, it has a pretty short half life of 6 hours or so.
I'd try both and see which works better.

kindred1666
05-07-16, 17:59
Im on 150 mg per day split into 3 doses 50 at 7 am...50 at 1 pm and 50 at 7 pm...i find that evens it out through the day/eve ect

Tims
05-07-16, 18:10
Do you find that Pregabalin helps you to sleep ?

kindred1666
06-07-16, 10:27
Tims...The pregabalin makes no difference to my sleep at all..I have developed insomnia since stopping diazepam 6 months ago and still waiting for it to get better

Kindred

Tims
06-07-16, 14:42
Hi kindred
I have sleep problems too, the Pregabalin keeps me awake if anything. I take Quetiapine to help me sleep, but don't intend on using it for too long.
How long were you using diazepam for?

kindred1666
06-07-16, 16:20
Hi tims..Was only on diazepam for 4 weeks at 6 mg daily..i wanted to come off it due to its bad rep...my gp said i could just stop CT..which i did being ignorant of tapering these sort of meds...all hell has broke loose since...i am 80% better now than i was 3 months ago but still have lingering side effects...i was put on diazepam for anxiety.panic attacks but the doctors and neurologists i am under just totally deny my problems are "withdraw related" as being on a very low dose for such a short time and my symptoms are due to anxiety...Im not convinced mind lol...but then maybe they are right ...i just dont know anymore

Tims
06-07-16, 21:49
Hi kindred
Some people are more sensitive to meds than others. 6mg of diazepam isn't very high and not that long a period, but still definitely shouldn't go ct off a benzo, any benzo. A few years back I took Xanax over about 5 weeks and then went off ct, I had all sorts of problems for a good while. Message is you've gotta taper off benzos.

kindred1666
07-07-16, 11:02
Yep tims..It will be 6 months next week since i CT diazepam and am still having lingering side effects (ear and head fullness..early morning cortisol rushes..insomnia...dizziness to name a few) but also have a lot of side effects have left me to...Certainly done a number on me...and im a big guy 6' 4" and 18 stone. just goes to show even a low dose of these benzos for a short time even for a big guy can take us down for a long time !...The pregabalin has def helped with the rebound anxiety from the withdrawal though :yesyes:

Take care

Kindred