PDA

View Full Version : Do swollen lymphnodes always mean HIV?

Moso13
03-07-16, 15:10
I've been sick for the past couple days and checked myself this morning and saw that my right lymphnode on my neck is slightly swollen. I've been checking daily for the past month to make sure I don't have swollen lymphnodes because it's a sign of HIV and I actually found it this morning My mom said they are swollen just because I'm sick. But this sickness isn't that bad as long as I take ibuprofen.i thought I was going to be ok because there was no bodily fluid exchange/penetration from the assault. And I've loOked all over Google and they all suggest HIV. Someone please help me I'm terrified could it be something other than HIV?

KeeKee
03-07-16, 15:14
We all get swollen lymph nodes from time to time. I had a small, sore one on my neck recently and thought I was going to get a cold (my daughter has a cold so maybe my body fought it off before symptoms arose) but never did. I've had swollen ones under my chin and also just in front of my ear on my cheek. It's very common.

Fishmanpa
03-07-16, 22:04
In a word.... "No". There are dozens of reasons a node can be reactive, the vast majority of which are benign.

Positive thoughts