PDA

View Full Version : Fibre question

DaveCH
03-07-16, 15:38
I have been having major anxiety over the last week in regards to stomach rumbling/gurgling. No pain I feel great and bowel movements are perfect no blood or weight loss. It seems worse after I eat. The thing is a day before this started I started and have been having 2 weetabix for breakfast and I'm starting to think this gurgling could be caused by the increased fibre. Didn't have any weetabix yesterday and it didn't seem as bad but had some this morning and it started gurgling after my lunch. Can an increase in fibre cause this ?

Noivous
03-07-16, 16:02
Absolutely! Digestive systems usually respond to fibre - too much or too little. Also fibre can expand in the stomach so that could affect you. I suspect you've answered your own question.

N.

DaveCH
03-07-16, 16:07
It is the only thing I can correlate with this stomach stuff starting. Anyone any idea how long it takes to adjust to it. I want to keep taking it because my bowel movements are perfect from taking it

Noivous
03-07-16, 16:38
Maybe make an adjustment. How bout trying half the fiber? Or every other day?

pulisa
03-07-16, 18:13
Stomach gurgling without pain is completely normal.

DaveCH
03-07-16, 18:46
Stomach gurgling without pain is completely normal.

Even when it so loud other people in the room can hear it

KeeKee
03-07-16, 19:05
Could you perhaps have IBS? My partner has this and his stomach is so loud it's actually annoying to him and anybody else who can hear it at times. Also increasing your fibre intake suddenly can have this type of effect.

DaveCH
03-07-16, 19:11
Could you perhaps have IBS? My partner has this and his stomach is so loud it's actually annoying to him and anybody else who can hear it at times. Also increasing your fibre intake suddenly can have this type of effect.

I thought that but I don't have any other symptoms and with ibs bowel movements are usually effected and stomach pain

KeeKee
03-07-16, 19:21
My partner does have stomach pain, but everybody is different. I've been told I have IBS and yet I have no pain whatsoever, hence why I never wrote I had it on my comment as I don't really believe I do. But I guess it's one of those things where no two are the same. Could indigestion or intolerance not present in this way? Does the foods that affect you perhaps contain Gluten or something similar? I honestly wouldn't worry about it, even my child has a very loud tummy at times.

DaveCH
03-07-16, 19:56
My partner does have stomach pain, but everybody is different. I've been told I have IBS and yet I have no pain whatsoever, hence why I never wrote I had it on my comment as I don't really believe I do. But I guess it's one of those things where no two are the same. Could indigestion or intolerance not present in this way? Does the foods that affect you perhaps contain Gluten or something similar? I honestly wouldn't worry about it, even my child has a very loud tummy at times.

As long as it isn't bowel cancer I can deal with it but my stomach only ever made those noises when I was really hungry.