PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and travelling- help

katieroseew
03-07-16, 16:07
Hi,

I have a holiday to Australia for 6 weeks on Tuesday, so in two days. At the time it was exciting and I know it is once in a lifetime opportunity but I can't help but worry.

I have that constant dread, fear and overall anxiety looming over the trip and I can't pin point why.. It is driving me insane as I am spiralling into a downfall of confusion and depression. I want to be able to be excited, to plan and to be in control of the fear but I just can't. I am so scared.. so so scared and feel trapped inside my own head with these racing thoughts and feelings.

Chocolateface
03-07-16, 19:19
I understand tbe trapped in your own head scenario, are ypu anxious about actually getting there or being away from home for so long. If it is the getting there take different activities to keep you occupied like reading, colouring in, puzzles etc.

Remember people out there speak English so you will be understood so no need to worry there, from what I have heard it is also a laid back and relaxed place which is perfect for anxious people.

Hope you have a great time