PDA

View Full Version : Scheer's phenomena

helenhoo
04-07-16, 13:10
I noticed this a few months back, calmed myself down after research said it was normal (I even asked friends, real people on top of old pal dr Google) but I just had a slight panic that it's not Normal and my eyes/brain are diseased...

FYI small transparent dots only when looking at blue sky/white cloud.

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

Holy crap I just spiralled like a madman. Went from the above to pituary tumours to irregular heartbeats.

venusbluejeans
04-07-16, 13:16
completely normal especially when looking at a bright area such as blue sky and clouds, in fact I have just looked at the sky and have floaters, so yep completely normal

helenhoo
05-07-16, 13:38
Since I've been worrying about brain issues I think I have tripped twice but I have been wearing shoes that are too big and not tripped as such just 'buckled'

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

Sometimes I read my comments back and shake my head.

lofwyr
05-07-16, 14:37
My eyes have soooo many floaters, dots, transparent dots, especially looking at white backgrounds. Also, sometimes when I see things against a bright background I have double vision of them (like power and telephone lines). It has been years, and I am not dead yet, so been able to blow all that off.

helenhoo
06-07-16, 20:14
I'm so worried now though. I had doctor look in back of eyes in Feb and all was fine, I panicked last night that I saw a flash but I'm 99.9% sure it was just because boyfriend beside me walked past lamppost glow and I caught it? So so so scared of brain tumour..

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

??

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

Everyone I've asked said they get floaters and most articles on here about flatters they seem to be common but if o google floaters and brain tumour there'll be an article or two...

conan
07-07-16, 00:18
yeah i have floaters all the time but i also have little squiggly worms of light when i stare at the blue sky. of course, it freaked me out at first but by all accounts it's totally common and normal.

don't spiral. we've all been there. these things are all normal and nothing. just walk away from it.

also: don't google at all, but if you HAVE to, DEFINITELY don't google "<symptom> <life-threatening disease>". that is the most destructive google search of them all. you need to totally ban yourself from this kind of stuff. ANY combination of "<totally benign symptom> <devastating cancer>" will bring up "an article or two" at the very least. that is certain.

---------- Post added at 09:18 ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 ----------

oh also: i had never heard the term "scheerer's phenomenon", the wiki page made me feel even more at ease about it! so thanks!