PDA

View Full Version : TMI but please read

katyfitz
04-07-16, 15:57
So my health anxiety is through the roof. I one million percent believe I'm going to have to break the news to my family that I am dying of cancer and have no cure. Ive had many deaths to deal with these past few months that maybe this isn't helping my anxiety. Also the other day when I wiped (sorry tmi) I noticed a small raised lump which doesn't hurt (on the left hand side before anus. Obviously ive told myself its cancer and I am going to die and just to prepare myself. I cant concentrate at all on my daily activities and feel like im missing out on life so much from worrying.

If anyone can spare anytime to reply I'd really appreciate it.

thanks
Katy

Fishmanpa
04-07-16, 16:06
Pretty hard to dissuade someone one million percent convinced they have cancer. Personally, I don't think so. Just go back and recall how many other times you were convinced and were right.

Positive thoughts

Noivous
04-07-16, 16:36
Hi Katy - Yes YOU have convinced yourself. Doctors haven't convinced you. Blood work hasn't convinced you. CT scans haven't convinced you. MRI's haven't convinced you. You have convinced you. I am one million and ONE percent convinced that you don't have cancer:D. A little bump on your butt means absolutely nothing. Try to calm down. Slow your thoughts down. You have HA not cancer.

N.

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

...or a little bump anywhere else

MyNameIsTerry
05-07-16, 07:39
Have you considered roids? There are various possibilities for lumps in that region and roids is an obvious one to consider.

So, have you been under a lot of pressure? It sounds like you have. Have you been straining? Have you been doing a lot of heavy lifting? Have you not been eating a good amount of fibre? What are your bowel movements like? Has there been any bleeding or blood on the paper after wiping? Any mucus in the bowl? Any itching? Any soreness after going and wiping?

Consider all of that because those are the kind of questions that can lead to working out it is roids.

katyfitz
09-08-16, 16:13
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if vulva cancer is common in what age group?

I've got that little bump come back again and obviously I'm thinking it's the above.

Literally feel like I have no one to talk to so I would appreciate any of your opinons.

Thanks

Elen
09-08-16, 16:28
Katy I am going to merge your thread with an earlier one dealing with this lump.

It just helps people to know what has been said in the past.

Kuatir
09-08-16, 16:34
I convinced myself I had cancer when I found a lump down there. It was a hemorrhoid, the doctor checked and confirmed (unlucky for him, but I never thought I'd be so happy about hemorrhoids!). The fact that the lump has gone and then come back tells me you are not looking at a tumour here, but go and see the doctor.

GadGirl
09-08-16, 16:42
Hey I have a small raised lump just before my anus if not just on it, mine is a painless movable lump but mine is a skin tag, could this be what the lump is??

Kuatir
09-08-16, 16:51
Hey I have a small raised lump just before my anus if not just on it, mine is a painless movable lump but mine is a skin tag, could this be what the lump is??

It definitely could be. Hemmorhoids can be internal and external.

katyfitz
09-08-16, 16:54
Just feel really scared. I appreciate your texts guys x

Mercime
09-08-16, 17:36
Katy, the advice given is spot on, please believe it. Tumours do not calm down, disappear for a few weeks or months. They grow constantly. What you have described does not present as symptomatic of cancer. It could be a small cyst, an ingrown hair (small hard lump)..you have been tested, nothing was found.

You're ok x

InfiniteJ
10-08-16, 20:17
Totally sounds like a hemorrhoid to me...try not to worry so much.

katyfitz
10-08-16, 21:44
Thanks I hope it is.

debs71
11-08-16, 00:21
I agree about hemorrhoids here.

I get little bumps and lumps around my anus. Some flare up every now and again, others I have all of the time. Mine flare when I have been having bowel issues with my IBS - straining, frequency etc. My bottom gets sore, tender, itchy and red.......yes, delightful :D

Two things help. As said already, hems can be internal and external. I use both a supppository hem treatment and the external cream, which I apply around my anus (sorry anyone for the TMI, but needs must here!)

These two things calm it all down, bumps and all.

If you have at any time experienced a little bleed when you wipe, then it is almost certainly related to hems. That is par for the course with them.

Give this is a try. The external cream alone may improve it for you. x

dale12345
14-08-16, 06:06
It's very common to have hemorrhoids with IBS.