PDA

View Full Version : Swollen submandibular node I'm freaking OUT

spinelly
04-07-16, 17:29
Hi! This is the first time I post there! :) So I have this problem: One doctor found a swollen submandibular node he told me it was nothing to worry about and it's usual. Whatever. After that I went to a pathologist and she saw how anxious I was so she sent me for a full CBC (including LDH, CRP, ESR) and everything came back normal. I also did an ultrasound and the lymph node was found with a diameter of 1.5cm. After that my pathologist gave me antibiotics for a week or something and the lymph node kinda went down a little bit. Needless to say my anxiety at this point is off the charts I'm literally depressed. My family is fed up with me!!! :lac: Anyways I also went to a ENT doctor and he said by palpating it that it's nothing at all not pathologically. It maybe is a ''shotty'' one. So one month has passed and I went again for an ultrasound and the radiologist told me it has shrank to 1cm. I was happy for a day or two but now I'm back to this HORRIBLE nightmare of anxiety and lymphoma fear. I'm constantly checking the lymph node and it's swollen once again (more than 1cm). I'm checking also my whole body (collarbone, neck, ears) in fear I have other lymph nodes also. At this point I'm desperate for real. I forgot to mention I have none of the lymphoma symptoms night sweats, fever, chest pain etc. I'm also 23 female. Can someone tell me what to do? Do cancerous nodes swell and shrink and back again?? Sorry for my bad english I'm from Greece.

Fishmanpa
04-07-16, 17:38
I'm a cancer survivor.

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Besides all the reassurance from medical professionals, the fact that's it's shrinking (despite your poking and prodding) indicates a benign issue or a shotty node as was explained.

Positive thoughts

spinelly
04-07-16, 17:45
Thank you so much for taking time to reply to me! :) Google and generally internet searching for symptoms is a terrible place it can really mess with your mind. I asked about the "wax and wane" of my lymph node because I read somewhere that it could happen in lymphoma in rare cases.