PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me? How do you get over health anxiety?

spinelly
04-07-16, 23:39
Like for real i'm out of my mind. It's awful and I don't know how to stop all those negative thoughts from coming. I am a burden to my family at this point and i make them miserable. All started with this swollen lymph node that I got checked by 2 doctors and a radiologist, all reassured me but STILL i'm so freaking sad and anxious as if i have something serious. How do you cope people? Any tips? Health anxiety is a hell i've been tortured for this whole month night and day. Mind you i'm 23 i should've been laughing not crying and agonizing over a non existent illness.

Fishmanpa
04-07-16, 23:48
Ahhh.. I see now... I replied to your node post. I have a daughter your age that suffers from anxiety and depression. She came to me and told me what was going on. Her mother and I made sure she got help (therapy and meds) and she's doing great now. Seems like this hasn't been an issue all that long but it's certainly taking it's toll :(

Talk to your GP about therapy. Meds are helpful for many as well but the key is taking action on your own behalf. All the posts and advice in the world won't help unless you act on it. Many have learned to control their anxiety and heal. The first step is often the most difficult but admitting you have a problem is half the battle.

Positive thoughts

spinelly
04-07-16, 23:58
Thank you once more. I guess I have to convince myself to think positively which is extra difficult at this point but i guess nothing is impossible. I have been through a lot of stressful situations but HA is really difficult to cope. I think i'm at a point where i can manage without medication considering it's only been a month i've been dealing with it. Thank you for your time!!! :)