PDA

View Full Version : Scared my new piercing is infected?

UserName20
05-07-16, 01:37
Hey guys. I've been doing so much better with my health anxiety, The past week and a half or so I haven't had any worries hardly at all, I have been avoiding google the best that I can and it is all really paying off greatly. My friend and I went out and even got jobs, we're 16 so it's our first one, and it's been a great distraction. I'm a bit worried though, I had my ears pierced on Friday and they weren't sore at all until earlier today I noticed it. When I touch it it hurts a bit but only when I'm touching it, my left piercing more than my right. I've been twisting and cleaning them like I'm supposed to and it's not swollen or anything but I'm really scared that it's infected or something! Is it normal to hurt even after 3 days? Somebody told me that all pain should go away within 24 hours of the piercing. I'm starting to worry what they used to pierce my ear wasn't sanitized and that I'm going to get some disease now or infection...

MyNameIsTerry
05-07-16, 04:35
Congratulations on you getting a job! :yesyes: I'm glad it is helping you, it will boost your confidence and pull you outside of focussing too much on your anxiety.

I wouldn't worry about the piercings. Pain is common, they will be sore. You will likely be getting some oozing for a while so just stick to the cleaning routine.

If you develop any sort of infection, you will know, it will look infected and swell. Mine were sore for days (yes, I've had piercings too, they were popular back in my youth for blokes!) and weeped for a while.

Phill2
05-07-16, 06:27
[Mine were sore for days (yes, I've had piercings too, they were popular back in my youth for blokes!) and weeped for a while.[/QUOTE]

Mine too

MyNameIsTerry
05-07-16, 06:42
Phill, I should point out it wasn't a Prince Albert :roflmao: