PDA

View Full Version : Sertaline 100mg - No Symptoms !?

MissSunshine1991
05-07-16, 14:57
Hi everyone, I am a first time poster and first time user of AD. I am sufferer of SA and have been since I was about 14 - heartbeating fast, breathless blushing etc in crowded rooms. Finally went to my doctors 5 weeks ago who prescribed me Sertraline 50mg I was told to take this for 4 weeks and then go back to be reviewed. I had NO side effects whatsoever and cant say I felt any different.. Went back to the doctors 5 days ago who upped by dose to 100mg, this is my fifth day and I don't feel any different and haven't experienced any side effects.. Now I know that everyone body reacts differently to drugs but a lot of people have said they had side effects before they seemed to get better. Has anyone ever had NO side effects but still had positive effects off Sertraline? Thanks everyone!

Fishmanpa
05-07-16, 16:24
When I took Zoloft for depression, I was started on 100mg. I didn't feel anything and the only side effect I had was a dodgy stomach (occasionally). After about a month others noticed a difference in me even though I really didn't feel any different. They noticed I was more positive and upbeat.

I was on it for 6 months along with one on one therapy. It was the "crutch" I needed to get through. It was when I came off of it was when I noticed the typical side effects (dizziness, brain zaps) but they dissipated within a couple of weeks. For me, it was the therapy that helped the most. The meds helped me to get my mind in the right place to work (and it takes work!) on the techniques to get well.

I know many experience side effects and some are not pleasant but I believe there are equally as many that do just fine (like yourself). I bet if you ask those around you, you just may get positive feedback as to how you're doing. I also believe some with severe anxiety are hyper-focused on the fact they're taking a med and are on the lookout for any little niggle and there are equally as many that have a fear of meds that may amplify any side effect or create symptoms where none exist.

Positive thoughts

MissSunshine1991
05-07-16, 22:00
Thank you so much for your reply it's a relief to hear a good story about sertraline. Have you managed to come off AD altogether ??

dally
05-07-16, 23:24
Thank you for posting. This.may help others worried about start up side effects of meds
Hope this med works for you

Fishmanpa
06-07-16, 00:23
Thank you so much for your reply it's a relief to hear a good story about sertraline. Have you managed to come off AD altogether ??

The six months I spoke of were in 2007. After my cancer, I had some "scanxiety" as you might imagine. I was given a non-SSRI to take as needed and other than a few times, I've not had to use it. I did a few months of one on one therapy that helped immensely!

Positive thoughts