PDA

View Full Version : I can't stop making myself anxious over hypoglycaemia fears :(

anxious_thoughts
06-07-16, 03:21
Hi guys,

Since April I've had these terrible hypoglycaemia fears. Every morning I wake up in a huge panic and I have to eat right away. I start to feel panicky, anxious, and dizzy if I don't. But there are times where I can hold it off if I'm busy for example, I'm thinking about something else it isn't so bad.

I'm never 100% until I've had a really large breakfast or a big lunch. I'm usually okay and feeling great after I've had a good lunch with lots of protein and vegetables. But then around 3-4 hours I start to get the worry again and even if I'm not hungry I eat something anyways because it puts my mind to ease. I feel better almost instantly after I eat. I just can't stop thinking about it and it's driving me insane. I'm trying to lose weight but because of this fear I've been gaining it because I have to eat almost every 2 hours.

I haven't gone to get a blood test done because I'm afraid :( ugh I hate living with this fear.

anxious_thoughts
06-07-16, 16:42
Anyone?

Apple86
06-07-16, 18:08
Jen, I've had the same fear recently.

The fact that I'm recovering from anorexia has made me hyper aware and anxious that in the past I've deprived my body of glucose and now I'm almost stuffing it down my body as often as possible.

The fact that I get dizzy when I'm anxious and then anxious about getting dizzy, compounds the idea that I may be hypoglycaemic and I'm scared of fainting or passing out from it. I've had my bloods taken, however, and my glucose is fine.

I strongly suggest you get your bloods taken as it's very unlikely you have low glucose, but even if you do, that gives you the chance to alter and monitor your diet accordingly. I worry that this could turn into an eating disorder with OCD if you don't put the anxiety to rest.

Keep us updated.