PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer with HA/GAD

Matthewjh31
06-07-16, 04:44
Hello,

New to the site. I've been registered for a short time but finally found it necessary to introduce myself. I've always had anxiety that wAs typically easy to talk my mind out of but recently developed HA after some abnormal blood work. Since March of this year I have self diagnosed myself with many different disease (Some of which were literally impossible for me to have). It was almost as if my mind and body became a little too connected. Evry tweak, twinge, cough, sore throat had to be a symptom of something I was dying from. At the age of 27 with a young son I decided I needed to take action and I can't let this take anymore from my life and my family's. Shortly after the HA began I decided to begin regular excercise which in the long run will add years onto my life but in the short term has caused me a great deal of stress. My body is finally starting to adjust to my new activity level. In hindsight I probably hit it too hard too fast. During my excercise I find escape from my urges to consult dr. Google but still deal with it most hours of most days. I have decided my next step will be to seek active therapy which I will begin in two days. I'm not sure what to expect but I'm ready for this journey to find happiness again.

venusbluejeans
06-07-16, 04:51
Hiya Matthewjh31 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
06-07-16, 13:51
Good morning Matthewjh31. The first thing I want to say is you are going in the right direction by taking action to overcome your anxiety and HA. Exercising and seeking therapy are great first steps in getting relief.

Like yourself, I am a father. One of the things that has kept me going is knowing I had others in my life that love me unconditionally. So keep that thought in your mind when things get tough. Best to you Matthewjh31 and keep up the good work.

Matthewjh31
07-07-16, 03:16
Thank you for the kind words and encouragement!

Noivous
07-07-16, 03:25
Hey Matthew!

Welcome friend. You can beat this HA for sure. You sound like you know what you need to do. Now you just have to do it. You're among friends here.

N.

Mark13
08-07-16, 17:19
Hi Matthew. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.