PDA

View Full Version : Help please !

Beauch22
06-07-16, 09:06
For the past three months I've have worst feelings, affecting everyday almost some days bad some days good. It's as if my legs just become super light and off for some reason. Like I could collapse or something because of it. Some days I won't have it all and other days I'll have it all day. All of sudden I'll be walking and Boom my legs feel like they are weightless. I'm always thinking of them because of this. Valium isn't helping to much, always just makes me pass out. Has anyone heard of this as a disease maybe something to do with lymphoma or cancer because I do have some lymph nodes I can feel that I have posted about before but they have been this size for over 3 years so I feel like I'd be dead if I've had lymphoma for over 3 years. I'm only 22 and this is affecting my whole life. Just had eyes tested and that helped anxiety as I thought it was due to brain Tumor. Thanks anything helps

Gary A
06-07-16, 11:06
No it has absolutely nothing to do with lymphoma. The problem here is nothing more than hyper awareness. You said yourself that you're constantly thinking about the sensations in your legs, this will always lead you to think there's something wrong with the body part that you are paying attention to.

The tell tale sign of this being anxiety related is the fact that these symptoms come and go depending on your activity and how you're thinking at the time. Organic illnesses do not care if you're thinking about them or not, they will cause constant symptoms regardless of whether or not you're paying attention to them.

You will find that if you don't think about it, you won't feel it. In the meantime, when you do feel these sensations in your legs, simply tell yourself that it's nothing at all unusual. Eventually, your mind will accept that fact and you will go back to simply not paying attention to the sensations.

Beauch22
06-07-16, 11:12
Sometimes they will just come out of no where though. Like sometimes it will be for a week straight I'll feel like this , I can't stop thinking of it. Like Sunday Monday I felt great and Tuesday all day I felt like this and even now

conan
07-07-16, 00:32
yep i have had this and from what i can gather it's pretty common. in fact i'm having a bit of a bout of it right now. i'm ok for a while and then my feet/legs feel weak and useless on and off for a couple of days or weeks. these symptoms seem so similar to what people describe on here i haven't even bothered to see a doctor about it, i've totally put it down to anxiety.