PDA

View Full Version : Constant mind chatter

Andy1718
07-07-16, 07:42
So into my 7th week of cit. I am slightly better than I was but I cannot stop the mind chatter at night and it's making me exhausted. Constantly thinking about work, work stress when to go back etc. I cannot seem to turn it off and it's fueling my anxiety. My body is tense, not all the time but most of the day. Not convinced that these tablets are doing anything! 20 mg, should I ask to increase the dose? I am fine in most situations but the work anxiety is still bad. I am desperate to get back but just can't see it at the moment. Any advice guys would be great.

sollythegolly
07-07-16, 10:08
Just hang in there Andy. I am now on Week 11 and am just starting to feel the difference. 20mg is the therapeutic dose, and I would wait until at least 12 weeks before considering any increase in dosage. Good luck. Keep the faith.......

Mojo61
07-07-16, 13:31
I agree, it is still early days Andy. One thing I've realised about recovery is that you can't rush it, you have to be prepared to sit back and let time pass otherwise you end up even more stressed and anxious because you think you're not getting better quick enough, or the tablets aren't working. Time and time again I've hoped and prayed that I would wake up the next morning "normal" again, it didn't happen. I've now realised that it is probably going to take a long time until I am better. Once I had accepted that it made things easier. Forget about going back to work, concentrate on getting better first.