PDA

View Full Version : MS? So so so worried!

helenhoo
07-07-16, 08:08
Every now and again I wake up with my left leg 'asleep' today I woke up directly sleeping on it and funny angle. My cat had came into me in night and I've adjusted around him. I also think my boyfriends mattress is lumpy as I mostly get this at his. No numbness just like you sit on a limb. I can feel pain if I pinch it and I can feel it's there, it goes back to normal in a minute or less. It isn't here every morning. I'm just worried it's early stages of MS? I have high anxiety in general. Last time I mentioned it to a nurse she wasn't worried said it happens to her.

KeeKee
07-07-16, 10:20
I get this. It happened only a week or so ago my whole left leg was completely numb and took a couple of minutes of me wobbling it with my hands for it to become normal again. It's probably due to you lying on a nerve of some sort. I've worried about this in the past and my GP said it happens to everybody, even some people get numb legs just sitting on the loo.

Fishmanpa
07-07-16, 13:14
Reb, it just seems like your brain is short circuiting here. More so than most IMO.

Think about it. You post almost daily about totally normal things like freckles you've had all your life or a limb falling asleep and it sends you into a meltdown. Your fight or flight button is stuck! It's like a smoke alarm gone faulty and you can't turn it off. That smoke alarm goes off and you believe there's a fire.

Here's the thing. There is no fire. There's not even any smoke! Heck, the food on the stove isn't even warm yet. What you need to do is get your smoke alarm fixed. I hope you finally listen to all the advice you've been given and get help for your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

Captain irrational
07-07-16, 20:54
Pins and needles, nothing more. I went through about a month of waking up with pins and needles in my right hand, thoughts of some horrible neurological disorder certainly went through my mind a few times. In reality I just sleeping with my hand under my head which was making it go numb. The simplest explanation is nearly always the correct one.

dale12345
07-07-16, 23:04
Usually it is from laying on a nerve.

helenhoo
15-07-16, 10:51
I wake up a few days a week with this in either leg or arm. It goes away once I change positions and isn't painful. What gives?

Lifelonganxiety!
15-07-16, 21:17
You're sleeping and pressing on a nerve, probably somewhere high up your leg if the whole leg is feeling numb. The fact you move and it resolves, tells me this is nothing at all to worry about and you just sleep in a bad position.

helenhoo
16-07-16, 10:14
Hi, I can't shake this fear that something is wrong. I don't even know what I think it could be. I read a forum from another HA that I'm not a member of the girl was Worrying it was a brain tumour symptom...

Basically it goes away when it happens, most days of the week. Before I go to sleep I noticed my legs aren't relaxed and I'm sort of stretching them? Not sure if this is why?

*could* it be anything sinister? I know I'm a hypochondriac but just asking for opinions.

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

It never feels numb or tingly just as though I've sat on it (if you do a foot or when you've sat down for long time)

Fishmanpa
16-07-16, 15:09
Reb, you've posted several threads about this as well as your freckles and imaginary visual symptoms. Literally dozens and dozens of people are reassuring you that it's normal as well as medical professionals. What else can anyone say? :shrug:

Are you going to get help or are you happy with going around in circles? You're heading off to start a new life soon (perhaps that's the trigger here?) and you need to be firing on all cylinders. Right now that's just not happening.

I hope you heed the advice of the dozens that have replied to your posts.

Positive thoughts

helenhoo
17-07-16, 18:29
It is weird that it's happening often though? 9/10 times it happens I'm asleep on it but this is a new thing over past few months. Is this MS or brain tumour? Or my spine? As mentioned it's only ever when I wake up and goes within 30 seconds

Fishmanpa
18-07-16, 01:01
Here's the thing Reb... Pretty much everyone here is suffering in a similar manner. The OCD tendencies of HA is a common theme. The difference is how people are dealing with it. If your behavior in real life is anything like on the anxiety boards, it's no wonder your friends, family and other members are showing frustration. You don't heed or even acknowledge people's advice and show zero willingness to address the actual problem. Instead, you keep firing off barrages of symptoms and when someone replies and tries to help, you just post the next one-liner about how worried you are without giving the impression of actually reading what people say. This isn't how you'll get real help.

That being said, if you show a genuine effort to address your anxiety, I assure you you'll have everyone cheering you on. I for one would be leading the cheer!

Positive thoughts

NancyW
18-07-16, 02:54
I wonder how many symptoms we get that are from the stress and tension our body is under from the anxiety itself.
Anxiety blurs the lines so we don't know what symptom is coming from where.
It's horrible

helenhoo
18-07-16, 07:19
I didn't wake up last night but I swapped positions onto my side and then woke up on same side; dead leg.

ServerError
18-07-16, 07:21
Reb,

Did you read this?

Here's the thing Reb... Pretty much everyone here is suffering in a similar manner. The OCD tendencies of HA is a common theme. The difference is how people are dealing with it. If your behavior in real life is anything like on the anxiety boards, it's no wonder your friends, family and other members are showing frustration. You don't heed or even acknowledge people's advice and show zero willingness to address the actual problem. Instead, you keep firing off barrages of symptoms and when someone replies and tries to help, you just post the next one-liner about how worried you are without giving the impression of actually reading what people say. This isn't how you'll get real help.

That being said, if you show a genuine effort to address your anxiety, I assure you you'll have everyone cheering you on. I for one would be leading the cheer!

Positive thoughts

helenhoo
18-07-16, 23:33
Trust me guys I want to get better. But then something is there. A 'symptom'

Would you worry if you woke with a dead leg. No tingles or numbness. Most times I'm sleeping on this leg. Is it my back? My brain? My spine? Do I see a doc? Nobody seems to think it's even worth the worry.

Fishmanpa
18-07-16, 23:38
Trust me guys I want to get better.

Unfortunately your actions far outweigh your words :(

Positive thoughts

Colicab85
19-07-16, 06:48
Trust me guys I want to get better. But then something is there. A 'symptom'

Would you worry if you woke with a dead leg. No tingles or numbness. Most times I'm sleeping on this leg. Is it my back? My brain? My spine? Do I see a doc? Nobody seems to think it's even worth the worry.

No. I don't worry. I wake up with dead legs and arms all the time. It's down to your position in bed.