PDA

View Full Version : Constant anxiety about new house (long post sorry!)

Mildredd
07-07-16, 09:13
Hi I'm a newbie, I have suffered from anxiety and depression on and off for most of my adult life, and have had 2 really bad episodes when my children were babies (postnatal depression and health anxiety ) anyway I was coping ok for the last 7 years on citralopram but about 7 months ago decided to stop them as I felt I wanted to see how I coped without them. We had just bought our first house at this time and I was very excited and we moved in just before Christmas.
Well we discovered straight away a lot more problems with the house than was flagged in the survey and my excitement turned to constant worry. Christmas was awful as we were living in basically a building site, it has cost us a lot of money to fix things.
Without rambling on too much and trying to get to the point my anxiety at the moment is severe and constant and worse than it has ever been. I am obsessed there is something else seriously wrong with this house (it is 150 years old btw) even though we have already fixed a lot of the issues. I obsess over every crack, and sound and smell (it just smells unpleasant to me) at my worst I lay in bed and worry that the floor will just cave in and everything is going to collapse.
We have moved from London where I have lived all my life, to Kent. I know that the anxiety is because of change but it is ruining what should be an exciting time.
I have gone back on the citralopram but so far it isn't helping like it did before, I am off sick with work because I was having constant panic attacks ( I have to commute back to London every day)
I feel like a mess and so ashamed that I have made myself so ill over this house when there are people who don't even have a home. I just want all this to stop.
Sorry for rambling, I just need some reassurance I suppose.

Mildredd
08-07-16, 09:13
Hi can someone please talk to me, I'm having a bad morning.
Woke up suddenly at 3am this morning in a panic and am extremely anxious now. I'm imagining every worst scenario possible, feel like I'm going mad with worry. Please help