PDA

View Full Version : Blood test anxiety

Fay13
07-07-16, 09:17
Hi,

I went to the Dr earlier this week because I had lost weight recently and wanted to get it checked. He has said I need to go for a blood test, which I am doing this afternoon, but I am getting really anxious about it.

Firstly, its at a clinic where they don't do appointments, you just have to turn up and wait which I really don't like as I could be waiting for ages with no idea when they might call me. Secondly, I'm really worried about the actual blood taking, what if I feel faint? I have given blood a couple of times before (pre-anxiety) and been ok, but I know that now I will definitely feel faint because I will be worrying about feeling faint and that will make me panic etc.

I don't have health anxiety, so am not overly worried about the actual results of the test, but does anyone have any tips for relaxing about the test itself?

skymaid
07-07-16, 10:47
I had this recently. Bring a smart phone to play games on or surf the internet while you wait. as for the test itself it's over so quick you'll barely notice.

don't worry if you feel so anxious you have to leave. you can always book another