PDA

View Full Version : bad panic attack

Laurie28
21-10-03, 12:22
Had a bad panic attack yesterday and it is the first I have had in a wee while (usually consumed with anxiety but no really bad panic attacks)
It happended just as I was leaving work and I still don't know what the trigger was!
It did bring back to me how hellish they are!!
Even as I was walking along I was saying to myself
You wouldn't be walking if you couldn't breathe

I was like that all the way home (arguing with myself in my head!!
Saying you wouldn't be driving etc if you were really ill but on the other hand I was thinking WHAT IF this time it is real!!!)

Sorry to ramble but scared myself senseless!!

Also the throat tightening is back feel like some invisible hands are permanently strangling me!!!

Just thought I'd let of some steam

Luv
Lucky

nomorepanic
21-10-03, 16:16
Lucky

Sorry to hear that but well done in coping so well. You got home and you carried on talking to yourself to tell yourself that it was not going to kill you - even though it felt like it.

The throat tightening is scary and I used to get it all the time - it will ease as you relax.

Hope today is better for you :-)

Nicola

Meg
21-10-03, 19:08
Dear Lucky,

It takes time for them to go altogether.... Are you on vit/mineral/ Vit B supplement ?

Congratulate yourself on the reduction in the numbers of panics especially when you are facing your fears and how great it's been to be panic free. As Nic says Well Done for getting through it and managing it so well.

Well done too for keeping the positive thinking going. In time turn it round to be all positive words ie I'm doing really well at breathing deeply and slowly , I'm glad that I know that this dizzyness is just anxiety and cannot hurt me.

You know the throat tightening thing is not dangerous at all and will go as you relax. Relaxation tape time.

You know this time it isn't real too however much it feels like it....But just Awful I know !

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Laurie28
22-10-03, 08:38
Hiya,

I'm not taking any supplements as still scared of just about everything.

Also not touched nuts (cornflakes since last week!)
I will try to get back on track tomorrow (always tomorrow with me never today)

Been to docs who is sending me for blood tests (thyroid, glucose etc) because of weight loss. He did say however that if everything came back clear I still had to see him cause anxiety/depression must be worse than I am letting on!!!

I am seeing a cbt and I tell him everything. I am not depressed (admit sometimes feel a bit down because of the anxiety but I think this is natural!! but nothing major)

Doctor/Health visitor has alerady said I have Post Natal Depression but mostly due to anxiety

I do not want to go on anti-depressants so he can forget it!!!
Don't think i will go back and see him if tests are clear just carry on going to CBT

(Sorry rambling again!)

Luv
Lucky

bishop
29-10-03, 15:13
hi lucky
i suffer with attacks you do not have too go on tablets,think i can do this,on my on believe me you can do this,a lot of people do with out the tablets,not everyone needs them,be nice too yourself.
bish

Laurie28
30-10-03, 12:12
thanks bishop