PDA

View Full Version : new loony tune

ladynumberone
07-10-04, 15:58
Hi i am emma i am 30 yrs old mother of one little boy who is 5 I am single and suffering with panic attacks and anxiety disorder. I am a student at college part time studying typing and pcs. I have a dog xcalled stella and live in a 2 bedroom house in the midlands, uk. I hope that i can meet some like minded people and get told i am not too insane as i post about my mad life and the looniness i go throguh to cope.
emma
xxxxx

Karen
07-10-04, 16:17
Hi Emma

Welcome to the site. You will find many like minded people here and are definitely not alone.

I am sure you will get a lot of support from people who understand what you are going through.

Briary

Meg
07-10-04, 17:58
Hi Emma,

Welcome to the site .

Good for you with continuing your education despite these issues .

Which bits of having anxiety and panics are worst for you to cope with and what so far have you had in the way of help for this ?

What started these off ?

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

ladynumberone
07-10-04, 18:53
Dont know what started the panic attacks off. I had them when i was younger and had some therapy and they went away just about or rather i just learnt to live with them. I started them again being at college and having the stress of exams last year. They started and i dont know how i got through my exams trying to sit there and not run out the room, i managed to pass my exams and a levels at a grade c but i havent a clue how. i have been diagnosed with chrones disease which is worse with stress for anyone who doesnt know what that is it is when u bleed internally and ulcers burst and give you bloody diorear and bad pains. Stress is a large factor and i keep making things worse when i start worrying about stuff all the time. I have been trying to get some therapy but there is a three month waiting list for counselling through a organisation called MIND. I feel so alone most of the time no one understands what your going through i can do some things like go shopping and attend college most of the time but i cant do things like go to a restaurant or visiti some of my friends houses. I cant wait to get some help from somewhere
emma
xxxxxx

tracyp584
07-10-04, 18:58
Hi emma,

I hope you get alot of help and support from us all here!

Take care

tracy x x

seh1980
07-10-04, 19:19
Hi Emma,

Welcome to the site!! I'm sure that you will receive loads of help and support here!!

Sarah :D

jill
07-10-04, 19:22
Hi Emma,

Welcome to the site,
You have come to the right place, there are lots of nice
people here who will give you support and advice.
You are not alone.
I look forward to reading your post.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

May your troubles be less
and your blessings be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door

Rennie1989
07-10-04, 20:27
hi emma

WELCOME TO THE SITE

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

Meg
07-10-04, 20:28
Hi Emma

You've done really well to pass your exams and keep going .
Crohns can be very painful too. Is your Gp taking care of you or do you see a gastroenterologist too ?

Meditation and yoga can be very helpful for this . Have you ever tried either ?

Factually speaking -If you can attend college and shop you can visit friends. It just seems and feels so much that you can't so think about what are your specific fears about visiting and restaurants - is it about being in a small place with the focus closer on you , about the loo situation etc ?

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

carlin
07-10-04, 20:36
welcome to the site, emma, everyone here is friendly and helpful, you will realize you are not alone , or lonely, there is always someone on hand with advice, and everyone knows how you are feeling

sal
07-10-04, 23:30
Hi Em

Firstly welcome to the site.

You will get a lot of support and help here which you want to find.

Anything we can help you with we will, if only to listen and support you you are at the right place.

Love Sal xxxxx

ladynumberone
08-10-04, 08:28
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">welcome to the site, emma, everyone here is friendly and helpful, you will realize you are not alone , or lonely, there is always someone on hand with advice, and everyone knows how you are feeling

<div align="right">Originally posted by carlin - 07 October 2004 : 20:36:19</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I find it so hard to go to my mates house cos that is where i had a panic attack. I dread the fact that i might pass out or be sick and that i will sit there for an hr or so with my heart in my mouth and turning different colours and look stupid

emma
xxxxx

tara
08-10-04, 09:32
Hi Emma welcome to the ste !!! We all go through the same emotions and feelings on hear and we all offer help advice and support for one another. I'm Tara and i'm 29 and have a wonderful 4 year old son. I live in wales and enjoy having a laff coz i'd cry if i didn't LOL. I feel humour is the best medicine for us all Tara xx

KW
08-10-04, 11:03
Hi Emma

Welcome to the site. You'll find great support on here.

KW

nomorepanic
09-10-04, 18:16
Hi Emma

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the intro about yourself.

My boss at work has Chrons and had an op as well - he seems to have it under control with medication. Hope yours gets easier to live with soon too.

Look forward to hearing more from you and let us know if you have any questions.

Nicola

Meg
10-10-04, 07:23
Hi Emma,

I'm sure you've learnt from being on here that the trick to becomeing more comfortable with something like going to a friends is to do it in tiny steps - go just to drop something off , then go and stay 5 mins etc etc and build up . If you get a panic rising - stay there but get deeply involved with a task , a conversation etc until it passes

Avoidance leads to further avoidance

Meg

- Albert Einstein.

vernon
10-10-04, 17:40
hi emma welcome to the site. I am from the midlands too, Coventry. Think i have chatted to you in the chatroom? or was it another emma? If u get lonley just pop into chat (most come in in the evening) hope you find plenty of jelp Vernon