PDA

View Full Version : reading pther peoples posts

tricia56
07-07-16, 11:32
Hi when I read other peoples posts straight away I start to think have I got that as I was just reading liveaboveit post and they mentioned that they have been told they have pure 0 and now I cant stop thinking I have it because I do seem to think or obsess about my anxiety and o had to google pure 0 symtoms and cant get it out mind now , is this just my anxiety that is making me think this way.

Shazamataz
07-07-16, 11:35
I think it's common with bad anxiety to read threads and be 'triggered' by them. I find it best to avoid threads than may set you off, for instance I won't read anything heart related as I have had a lot of anxiety about this in recent months.

Sometimes reading about anxiety can make you more anxious!

NoPoet
07-07-16, 12:11
Agreed with Shazamataz. Don't read other people's posts until you are strong enough within yourself to handle it. This strength will come. Avoid overloading yourself in the early stages.

dale12345
07-07-16, 23:07
I have been doing that lately, other post are triggering my health anxiety.

Carnation
07-07-16, 23:16
Not just posts Tricia. Anything I read or pick up, I latch on to it, overthink and then imagine all sorts, so you are not alone. x

Fishmanpa
07-07-16, 23:17
I agree with the previous posts. All one needs to do is look at the boards. There typically will be trends. One node, heart, cancer etc. post leads to another and another. Remember the ebola scare or the ALS challenge? HA and anxiety boards were inundated with posts.

Positive thoughts

Carnation
07-07-16, 23:18
Here's something I read that will cheer you up and give you hope......

Apparently people that suffer with anxiety live longer, because they are so preventive of any danger zones.

Noivous
08-07-16, 00:27
Maybe just read you own posts and some of the lighter ones until you start to feel a little better.

N.