PDA

View Full Version : Quitting smoking!

the_beast
07-07-16, 14:11
Hi there!
I'm a 15 year smoker, and recently quit for 2 years, but a year ago I foolishly started again while on vacation! It sucks!
My GAD has reared its ugly head again and have been nagging me almost daily since February or something. My smoking habit has skyrocketed of course because of this dilemma.

I wanted to check if someone has quit smoking and there was a great reduction of anxiety after the first weeks/months off the cigs? I deep down KNOW that smoking is adding layer after layer to my already existing condition but still can not seem to stop. Anybody hooked on cigs know where I'm coming from with this.

So, anyone?

Donz34
12-07-16, 19:54
Hi i quit smoking nearlly 8 weeks ago. I use a ecig now. My anxiety has gone lower but then again i am on meds or that. Everytime i had a fag the anxiety was there but i cudnt quit, i knew it was making ny anxiety worser especially my health anxiety. I feel better in alot of ways. Like my cough i havent got it anymore so that is one less thing for me to worry about

Phill2
13-07-16, 07:17
I gave up 18 months ago using Nicorette Inhalators
Best thing I ever did

Shazamataz
13-07-16, 07:56
I can relate. I find the anxiety makes me smoke more and then smoking more makes me more anxious. It's a vicious cycle and a hard one to get out of.

I cut down by a third recently and my anxiety skyrocketed though I was tapering off diazepam as well. The doctor suggested I leave quitting til my anxiety was better.

gregcool
13-07-16, 11:22
Quit smoking 10 weeks ago and went straght onto vaping..got a decent mod tho..70 pounds...but best thing iv done.anxiety reduced and health better..i make my own liquids so cheep to vape...havnt looked back since..i smiked for 30 years 25 a day..just make sure you get the right amount of nic tho otherwise you will end up smoking again..then gradualy cut the nic level down...