PDA

View Full Version : Neck tension

helenclaire
07-07-16, 14:18
Hi,
Does anyone suffer from neck tension and if so has it ever given you headaches and a lightheaded feeling.

My neck has been feeling really stiff and achy so has my back, but I have also felt a tightness in my head and I bit of an off balanced feeling.

Can these symptoms be caused by tension?
I generally feel achy and tired a lot.

X:shrug:

KeeKee
07-07-16, 15:11
I have had neck tension now for about a year and I'm really uncomfortable every single day. Today it's very bad I can feel it in my neck up by my temples and in my head. I hate it, I don't feel like I'm tensing but I must be. The only thing that relieves it is walking. It hurts whenever I sit or lie down. I don't get light-headedness but I do get headaches.

tricia56
07-07-16, 17:53
Hi helenclaire I was just about to post for the same thing as ever since this morning I've been feeling really anxiouse my symtoms are back of my neck hurting keep going lightheaded hot sweats headache and feel sick keep feeling abit funny, I'm trying to keep telling myself that is anxiety but its not helping very much .

almamatters
07-07-16, 18:22
Hi,
Does anyone suffer from neck tension and if so has it ever given you headaches and a lightheaded feeling.

My neck has been feeling really stiff and achy so has my back, but I have also felt a tightness in my head and I bit of an off balanced feeling.

Can these symptoms be caused by tension?
I generally feel achy and tired a lot.

X:shrug:

Yes definitely can be caused by tension, have suffered with it for ages now, i ended up seeing a physio to relax my muscles. When mine was bad, i had a pain down the side of my face and head and felt dizzy and disorientated. Massage helps and i used to put a hot water bottle on my neck.

Mojo61
07-07-16, 18:37
Yes, stiff neck, shoulders and jaw

Lemondrizzle
07-07-16, 23:48
I have stiff neck now and had a lot of stress the last couple weeks

Ditapage
08-07-16, 03:08
Neck tension makes me incredibly fatigued. I see a physiotherapist who said it's definitely linked and was surprised I don't get headaches. I get spots on my scalp where it feels like a heavy object is pressing against it instead and that gives me a lightheaded feeling. The body uses up a lot of energy when muscles are tightened, tense, throws off body alignment when our body is trying to go about the day. It makes sense.

Your light headed feeling could be from a low level of anxiety in the background worrying about your neck and headaches. I get lightheadedness with any weird aches and pains that has nothing to do with the ache/pain itself.

helenclaire
08-07-16, 14:17
Thank you all for your replies.

It's really helpful to hear other peoples experiences as I often think I am the only one feeling this way.

:winks:

Beckybecks
08-07-16, 15:49
Yes, I've had a stiff and painful neck for almost a year now. I find an infra red lamp helps.

clairejayne
09-07-16, 14:28
I've had this for the last few weeks, the maddening thing is I can feel myself doing it to myself but can't stop it.

Shazamataz
09-07-16, 21:54
I have this too. It tenses up to the point I feel a bit out of control, very dizzy and off balance.

I get very anxious driving at the moment and that's where this tends to happen. It's always a bit tense but neck and shoulders seem to 'clench' and I have to very consciously tell them to settle down. This works but not every time.

dizzy daisy
09-07-16, 23:30
Yes defiantly. I get this lots x

helenclaire
10-07-16, 09:31
Does anybody have any good coping methods for this tension?

It's really bothering me at the moment, I hate this off balance/dizzy feeling and am just so stiff and achy.
Its making me so tired all the time.
Helen:huh:

Magic
10-07-16, 14:08
I have the same thing ,I think. If I put my head back it hurts, like a headache, but at the back of my head near my neck.
I joined an exercise class about three weeks ago at the end of the section I have this pain. I feel disorientated and my memory goes to pot. They said it was tension.
I have it now , and I am doing nothing! Don't know what will help.