PDA

View Full Version : Waking up with panic attacks 😡

Pretty kittay
07-07-16, 23:12
Does anyone ever get this I guess when I'm extra stressed I wake up three to four times a night. I also wake up some nights from a dead sleep in a full blown panic attack my hear races, skips beats I start to sweat and shake. It last me about 5-8 min now instead of 15 min I've been learning to calm it down. When night comes I'm afraid to close my eyes and sleep I need to sleep... My dr says it's happening because I'm so deep in my anxiety I get it when I'm sleeping. I had every test done my heart is fine. I just want this to go away. Dr wants me to try buspar but I'm scared to try it.

Abeechx
10-07-16, 23:26
Yes! This happens to me every day and it's so hard to deal with! I wake up at 6am and have to lay in bed constantly deep breathing until I feel my anxiety calm down. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't and I have full blown panic. It's really hard to deal with trust me I know, I'm going through it right now. But be strong and please don't resort to medication. You don't want to become dependant on them when you can deal with this yourself. Your doctor may recommend meds because at the end of the day a doctors job is to prescribe and treat. Not to give you therapy. Please seek cbt or have the wheel power to Concor this alone! I'm right there with you on this one xxxx

restokley
14-07-16, 01:02
I have panic attacks after I take a nap.....cant seem to stop taking naps, I get so tired and sleepy through the day, even if I got 8 hours of sleep. Help!

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Yes! This happens to me every day and it's so hard to deal with! I wake up at 6am and have to lay in bed constantly deep breathing until I feel my anxiety calm down. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't and I have full blown panic. It's really hard to deal with trust me I know, I'm going through it right now. But be strong and please don't resort to medication. You don't want to become dependant on them when you can deal with this yourself. Your doctor may recommend meds because at the end of the day a doctors job is to prescribe and treat. Not to give you therapy. Please seek cbt or have the wheel power to Concor this alone! I'm right there with you on this one.

Yes we both do this how can we stop taking naps if feeling so tired.

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

[QUOTE=Pretty kittay;1570566]Does anyone ever get this I guess when I'm extra stressed I wake up three to four times a night. I also wake up some nights from a dead sleep in a full blown panic attack my hear races, skips beats I start to sweat and shake. It last me about 5-8 min now instead of 15 min I've been learning to calm it down. When night comes I'm afraid to close my eyes and sleep I need to sleep... My dr says it's happening because I'm so deep in my anxiety I get it when I'm sleeping. I had every test done my heart is fine. I just want this to go away. Dr wants me to try buspar but I'm scared to try it.

Im the opposite, If I take a nap in the day from being tired even if for few minutes I wake up SCARED...not really a Panic Attack. Help

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

I have panic attacks after I take a nap.....cant seem to stop taking naps, I get so tired and sleepy through the day, even if I got 8 hours of sleep.

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Cant figure out this thread forum ...get confused

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

Mine is not in the night, I take xanax and go out for the night . It's the day for me cause I get tired in the day and want to take a nap but if I do I wake up scared not really panic attack. Im on medication lexapro and it is helping me feel better, just those dam day panic or scared feeling after nap that bothers me. Sometimes I just drink coffee to stay awake, yet gives you the chitters or to say shaky feeling.

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

Help?

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

Cant get off to sleep at night without 1 & 1/2 xanax....which is okay. it's just the dam day naps that get me, can't stop from feeling sleepy....and if drink coffee I get chitters...but chitters are better then real Scared feeling.

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:52 ----------

Mine are in the day after a nap

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

I've got to the point of feeling Angry at times.