PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumor fear back

Jamie123
08-07-16, 15:24
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=178196
Today I woke up with a headache after having a nap and had almost a little headache and nausea on one side of my head. This caused me to worry as in the past maybe 2 years I have including the symptoms in the previous thread had concentration and also memory problems like for example yesterday I twice forgot something which I was supposed to take from the house and had to come back once after reaching my destination just for this item and the second time just after leaving the house which made me scared about my memory. Another thing which scares me is that I don't feel as sharp as a few years ago and I constantly feel like I am out of it and like my eyes arent seeing reality (some floaters also). Lastly the other day I was helping my sister with her homework and I had a real difficulty dealing with the questions of type e.g 20 is 10 more than half this number (I could do it but getting my head around it and thinking about what it meant seemed difficult) and as I am doing higher level maths i got worried as this could be showing my memory is declining and I have brain fog and feel slightly drowsy a lot and feel like I have speech and hearing problems. I am really worried and have just got my self even more stressed by looking at the brain cancer statistics if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it as I am extremely worried:weep::weep::weep:

blackbroom
08-07-16, 20:57
Anxiety can also cause concentration and memory problems - I know when my anxiety is severe I become very absent-minded and find it hard to retain and process information and also get the feeling that I'm not seeing reality. That is far more likely to be the cause. Have you spoken to your GP?

Jamie123
09-07-16, 15:06
I havent been to my GP as I am scared to death of being diagnosed with something so I dont want to go :weep:

anx mum
09-07-16, 15:54
Hi jaime how u feeling im getting headaches too scared what it can be. Have u had any scans

Fishmanpa
09-07-16, 16:12
"Brain tumor fear back"

The key word in your post is the word "fear" and that's all this is. You haven't been right about any of the other "fears" you've had and I'd confidently venture to say you're not right about this one. Even the "fear" of the doctor. Based on what I've read and your age, there's absolutely nothing to "fear" concerning your health and a doctor will tell you just that.

There's that famous quote by FDR that comes to mind. "The only thing to fear is fear itself". That's your real enemy and the one you should be fighting.

Positive thoughts

Mojo61
09-07-16, 17:18
Hi Jamie,

My husband had a brain tumour and he didn't have any symptoms at all until he collapsed one day and was taken to hospital for a CT scan which revealed a 56mm x 56mm Glioblastoma in his left temporal lobe.

The consultant said that most patients are asymptomatic until the tumour reaches such a size that it starts to cause pressure inside the skull. By that time it is usually very well advanced and I'm sure if you've had these symptoms for 2 years you can be pretty certain that it's not a brain tumour. Anxiety about having a brain tumour - yes. An actual life threatening brain tumour - extremely unlikely.