PDA

View Full Version : Tips for coping with blips?

Hivenburs
08-07-16, 20:19
After feeling really good for a while, it sucks to get a blip.. Anyone have tips or motivation to get through these blips? thanks guys

Estranged
09-07-16, 23:55
When ever I have one of these blips, what works for me is visualizing a happy place and making my thoughts and brain take me there.

That's what works for me anyways

You will get a lot of feedback and inspiration from this site, Nicola has really done a great job building and maintaining this site, it's the best site I ever found and I stumbled on it back in 2010 when I first was diagnosed, glad I did!

Estranged
www.whyevenpanic.com

After feeling really good for a while, it sucks to get a blip.. Anyone have tips or motivation to get through these blips? thanks guys

NoPoet
10-07-16, 01:41
Tell yourself that blips are basically the same set of symptoms: the same thoughts, feelings, behaviours etc. Once you start experiencing these, remind yourself how many times you've been through exactly the same thing and come out of it ok every single time.

A blip can also mean you've found some kind of trigger for the illness. Blips can be a treasure trove of information. In order to hurt you, the illness has to make itself vulnerable: they give away plenty of clues.

EDIT: Talking can help a lot. Talk in a positive way about things you enjoy and how good it feels to come out of a blip. Talk about how you've always proven stronger than the blips.