PDA

View Full Version : Pins and needles hands and feet

tiredofthis14
09-07-16, 16:40
I've been getting really severe finger joint pain and also constant pins and needles on both arms and hands today also in left foot in worrying myself silly thought I had lupus doc won't even test for it I'm so ridiculously tired has anyone had this

Beckybecks
09-07-16, 16:57
Yes Ive had this many times and always due to anxiety. Do some research and you'll find the cause. That should then put your mind at ease.

tiredofthis14
09-07-16, 22:25
Seems to be no matter what I look for comes up lupus :( got another splitting headache which isn't helping thank you for replying

Happydaze*
10-07-16, 09:20
Hi there I have exactly the same and I'm told it's anxiety. I did a kids party yesterday and my hand was really hurting and I was stressed (kids party lol) and I have had pins and needles before but the finger joint pains new to me but I have noticed it worse when I'm anxious. as for the foot, I have foot problems but that's another subject.

tiredofthis14
10-07-16, 10:54
thank you for replying sorry your suffering too im just convinced i have lupus and doc wont even consider it which is frustrating me more of cause iv googled it too much and terrified life out myself :(

Happydaze*
10-07-16, 11:18
I was at my docs last week because of the pins and needles along with other symptoms I have and I was convinced it was something else, not lupus. Anyway my doc was pretty much like yours, said it's my anxiety that's the real issue not the symptoms though as horrible as they are. I'm seeing a podiatrist for my feet but she won't test or consider anything else at this point. It's very frustrating and upsetting for us because the problem is. With me I'm always 100% sure that THIS time I'm right.. The sad reality is I'm usually wrong. Anxiety is an awful thing, iv had it for 20+ years and like I said, the hand pain is new to me. I think just knowing there are others here on NMP who are here to listen helps. Take care.

tiredofthis14
10-07-16, 18:32
thank you for replying its a new symptom for me to intense joint pain in fingers then ridiculous tingling in whole arms
it was a bbq for my hubbys 40th today all i could think about was ringing my doc in morning! its horriblle want my life back:(

Happydaze*
10-07-16, 20:08
Yep, It was my child's birthday party yesterday and all I could think about was my hand and feet, the pains were awful. No one guessed because In person I fully engaged with everyone but inside the anxiety was there all along. It's very hard to break the thoughts and fears habit, especially when the symptoms are very real. Also, I have to admit iv rang my gp surgery come Monday morning if something has distressed me over a weekend. Your not alone.

tiredofthis14
10-07-16, 21:27
thank you my docs dont even need to ask my name anymore
i used to constantly go hospital now im trying to stop that it feels dangerous not going tho :(

Fishmanpa
10-07-16, 22:25
It's a very common anxiety symptom (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Numbness_or_tingling_in_hands_and_feet).

Positive thoughts

tiredofthis14
11-07-16, 07:39
to have joint pain and constant pins and needles?
i knew u could get pins and needles when u hyperventalate but i didnt no they could be all day
only other thing is headaches everyday but think that weather related