View Full Version : Lightheaded, fast heart rate, and head pressure

Anadu Kune
09-07-16, 20:45
Hi Im a 27 yr male that has had health related anxiety for at least 13 years now. (probably longer)

Lately I have developed short bouts of extreme lightheadedness. Usually it will come from nowhere, though sometimes it seems related to head movements(looking up or down, turning too fast). It comes on fast lingers for 10-15 seconds maybe more(it feels like its longer) then eases off. I always tend to notice the lightheaded feeling first, then I get a lump in my chest, I feel like my heart is going to stop and I feel like I'm going to fall over and pass out. After it happens I'm a shaky nervous wreck. After all this I have this pressure in my eyebrows and forehead.

I had very similar symptoms before and have been on propranolol for about a year and a half to reduce my anxiety and because I had a sinus tachycardia. I used to get these bouts before but way less often.

Note I have been to a cardiologist at least four times and had a holter monitor each of those times. The last time was six years ago. They have imaged my heart and watched it beat. Despite this I cant help but think something is terribly wrong.

Shazamataz
09-07-16, 21:27
Are you overly anxious at the moment? It sounds a bit like mini panic attacks. I have this a lot.

NancyW
09-07-16, 21:45
I can't believe I'm reading this, I have exactly the same thing.
I had it about 10 years ago then it was gone. Now it's back.
I wondered if I'm drinking my morning cup of coffee too strong.
It's very uncomfortable and embarrassing.

Lemondrizzle
09-07-16, 23:28
I sometimes get pressure in my forehead nose area

Anadu Kune
10-07-16, 06:26
Are you overly anxious at the moment? It sounds a bit like mini panic attacks. I have this a lot.

Basically I'm worried to some degree literally all the time. Though there will be times when I'm wrapped up in a show, game, making art ect in other words distracted and it will happen.

When I wrote this I was a wreck. Though not quite as lightheaded as described at that particular moment.