PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone, I'm new here.

NervousPerson
09-07-16, 23:38
I'm diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse with Regurgitation, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Panic Disorder.
I probably have Depression too, but never was diagnosed with it. (My Psychologist doesn't want to diagnose me with it for some reason)

I am not on any medications.
Although, I am prescribed Prozac (Fluoxetine), but never have taken it.
I'm too scared to take it. I'm mostly worried about my heart racing from it and other side effects.

I'm from the USA, but the healthcare here is very strict when it comes to medications.
Benzodiazepines are never prescribed, unless you go to an Emergency Room...this costs a LOT of money. I've never been on them anyway.

I don't self-medicate.
I can't drink alcohol, since it causes Panic Attacks when it wears off.

I try to "ride out" the panic attacks that I have and the daily anxiety...but it's taking a toll on my life. I never feel safe. Anxiety is in control everyday.

venusbluejeans
09-07-16, 23:44
Hiya NervousPerson and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Vanilla Sky
15-07-16, 12:31
Hi and welcome to NMP :)