PDA

View Full Version : I feel I will panic when alone

Hivenburs
10-07-16, 08:54
Im afraid when my friend goes home from staying over in my house that I will panic that night.. Any tips on coping with being alone?

ana
10-07-16, 11:25
I have the same issue when I'm really anxious. I don't like being alone with my own thoughts with no people there to distract me.
What I'd advise is jut reassuring yourself that your friend is still there, a phone call or a text message away, to talk to you if you need them to.
Also, when you're on your own, practise talking in a reassuring way to yourself, remind yourself that you're in control of all these feelings of panic: they are yours, your feelings, and they can't hurt you. :)

Hivenburs
10-07-16, 17:31
But I'm afraid I'm not really in control of the thoughts :( thats the problem.. I never really carrd about the fast heart or anything. Its just the thought of losing control

ana
10-07-16, 19:41
Ooh I can relate to that completely! I always feel out of control, which is not to say that I'm actually out of control. My therapist has been trying to drum this into my head for the past year and a half, and I still can't grasp and absorb the concept.
Like you, I don't care about the heart beat or any physical symptom, for that matter. Panic is mental for me (depersonalisation). What do you fear most about being alone?