PDA

View Full Version : Tight chest no matter what I do

PenelopeP
10-07-16, 09:47
Hi all

I've had six weeks of being at home - which I hate. So much time on my own and nothing achieved but my anxiety has developed unfortunately.

I'm starting a new job which is a huge career jump for me and am really anxious about it and my ability to do the job.

Having recently started hypnotherapy which I'm finding helpful I am breathing better and changing my thoughts.

But what I can't shift is this awful tight feeling in my chest. It's like my chest is in a vice. It acts as a constant reminder that the worries and panic are there.

Any advice or have you experienced this too?

Thanks in advance.

Buster70
10-07-16, 14:19
Hi , I get this a lot and I've been like it the last week , it tends to pass when you stop thinking about it so much , I tense up when I'm driving or just sitting around the key is to try and relax your muscles when you become aware you are tensing , I get it in my back and shoulders as well it drives me nuts , a warm showers helps a bit as well , take care and good luck with the job .

StarDusts
10-07-16, 16:43
I don't have GAD but I get this sometimes. I don't think this is healthy but I pound my chest lightly. It helps somehow. Especially when I'm completely unable to calm down, and I know that thinking will only increase the panic I feel.

PenelopeP
11-07-16, 13:34
I'm really trying and it got better when I was spending quality time with my husband yesterday. But today, home alone, it feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest and I'm so close to panicking. So worried about not being up to this new job.

busterrufus
11-07-16, 21:17
How long have you had it pp?

PenelopeP
12-07-16, 10:09
This time for four days. I keep trying to build myself up but I can't.