PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawal symptoms

BikerMatt
10-07-16, 22:01
I'd been on Seroxat for 10 years and have very slowly tapered off them over 10 months. The last one I took was 10 days ago and I'm glad to be free. My problem is though I'm getting horrible brain zaps/jolts, breathless, stomach pains and feel incredibly washed out.

Any advice/help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

dally
10-07-16, 23:59
Hi, I withdrew from valium cold turkey. I got brain zaps, tinnitus, hand tremor, nausea, anger, sweats, shakes, Ibs diarrhoea...lots more withdrawal effects beside those I've listed. None of them before I ever took valium. All I can say from reading many people's posts on withdrawal of all types of meds, is that no no one's withdrawals are the same
But they do lessen in severity through time....for me it was two months before the head zaps became less. Frequent. Probably 6 months before just occasional.
The withdrawal symptoms DO GO eventually, so please hold on to that thought. You will be fine

Shazamataz
11-07-16, 04:27
It can take a while for things to settle coming of these seretonin meds but you should feel better fairly soon.

BikerMatt
11-07-16, 21:01
Thanks to you both:) my symptoms seem to have lessened today, so fingers crossed.