PDA

View Full Version : new symptoms - hands and feet feel weak

conan
11-07-16, 04:53
hi folks. had a couple of good weeks there but i'm back down here again.

a couple of weeks ago when i was feeling dizzy i felt like one of my feet was feeling weak. i could tell it wasn't really week cos i could still do everything with it but when it was still and sometimes when i was walking on it it felt... odd. i knew objectively it wasn't numb, tingling or weak but couldn't shake the feeling. i also had a bit of this feeling in one of my hands.

a few weeks later i got anxious about something else (eye stuff) and the next day had this feeling again in my feet and hands. i know i can still do everything with them, i can still play guitar and have been going to the gym doing weights, no actual weakness, so i'm assuming it's just anxiety. got a GP appointment on thursday but still can't figure out if i'm being ridiculous or not.

the feeling is worse when i'm doing nothing at all and not really noticeable when i really need to use my hands or feet so i'm assuming it's just "perceived weakness" and it's anxiety-related but i am freaking out because i've had anxiety for ~20 years and never felt anything like this before.

once again, thoughts of leaving my kids behind cycling through my head over and over. i don't even know what i think it is.

:weep:

Shazamataz
11-07-16, 07:31
I would almost guarantee it is stress/anxiety related. I have had similar and been tested for MS and came back clear.

conan
14-07-16, 06:00
update on this, GP thinks it's, you guessed it, ~just anxiety~. this might be frustrating coming from another doctor but my GP is so thorough and comprehensive and reassuring, she did a load of strength tests on my hands and feet, reflex tests, checked my gait, and is also well aware of my anxiety situation (and the fact that i recently upped my medication). so feeling quite good about it, although the sensation is still very present and quite troubling.

Shazamataz
14-07-16, 06:16
That's good news. Best thing is to do your best to ignore it and it will go away with no attention paid to it. Easier said than done I know!