PDA

View Full Version : Headaches after cracking neck

hypochondricat
11-07-16, 21:37
I was sitting around the other night relaxing when I tilted my head to one side and heard a crack. Following the crack I had an episode of nausea but assumed it was from some food I had recently ate. The nausea went away but about an hour later I started getting head pains that lasted seconds but the head pains would sometimes just stop for a min or two until finally not hurting anymore when I went to go lay down and get some sleep. Today I woke up with no headaches but did have a pain at my temple but it was a one time thing.Should I be concerned about the headaches being something serious?

My worrying is making my jump to the idea of the headaches being to the blood vessels in the brain since I had been reading about thunderclap headaches a few days ago.

countrygirl
11-07-16, 21:59
A loud crack from the neck is nearly always caused by soft tissue like tendons and air, just like when your ankles crack say or your fingers. It is not harmful.
If your neck makes a soft crackling sound everytime you turn your head then this can be due to wear and tear in the neck, sounds like someone crushing a crisp packet.
If you move your neck in extreme or suddenly then you can get pain afterwards until it settles down again and this can be in scalp/face/head.

hypochondricat
11-07-16, 23:13
A loud crack from the neck is nearly always caused by soft tissue like tendons and air, just like when your ankles crack say or your fingers. It is not harmful.
If your neck makes a soft crackling sound everytime you turn your head then this can be due to wear and tear in the neck, sounds like someone crushing a crisp packet.
If you move your neck in extreme or suddenly then you can get pain afterwards until it settles down again and this can be in scalp/face/head.

I see but would I get those pains even if I wasnt moving my neck around suddenly?