PDA

View Full Version : New member with health anxiety

PanicV
12-07-16, 06:16
Hello! I've just joined the forum but have been visiting for months as a guest, whenever I need to calm myself down. It has been reassuring to know that I'm not alone in feeling this way.

I have suffered from health anxiety for several years, ever since my dad had a heart attack (and recovered, fortunately). It usually comes late at night and continues into the morning, which has been making a mess of my sleeping patterns lately. It's at its worst when I think that things are going "too well" in my life - like it's time for something to go wrong, and it will probably be my health. Most of the time I'm worried about heart problems, but it could be anything. Just hearing someone talk about an illness will eventually cause me to convince myself I have it.

I joined the forum so that I can take a more active role in calming myself and preventing panic attacks, and so I can ask about specific things that I don't always see in previous threads. Just joining has already made me feel a little better. I'm so glad that this forum exists! :)

venusbluejeans
12-07-16, 06:23
Hiya PanicV and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

spanishbasqueheart
13-07-16, 00:36
Hello there welcome to NMP, I have found the forum vertpy helpful as I too suffer with Health Anxiety xx

Noivous
13-07-16, 02:25
Welcome! You are among friends friend:D

N.

Daisy6037
18-07-16, 12:11
Hey, just thought i'd send a little response as I'm in a similar situation to you and it's nice to know I'm not alone.