PDA

View Full Version : Something unusual.

viking111
12-07-16, 12:52
Hello!
It's been a while since I've written something here, but I've stumbled upon another ''problem'' which is not really negative, but still kind of weird. So, I used to have these intense feelings of nostalgia for older times but i managed to get over it. What happened now was, some 3 days ago I met a really beautiful girl, however later I realised she has a boyfriend. I didn't really care at that point, but few hours ago possible OCD obsession kicked in that wasn't really negative and I've read that some people have these, but I felt like obsessed with her. This obsessed thing feels like being in love but quite anxious. Like, I still get that feeling I used to have when I had OCD, stomach pain,uneasyness, simple anxiety symptoms. The thing that worries me now is that I've forgotten her face, but from what I remember, I really liked her and was immediately attracted. I know this sounds weird, but I feel this isn't just a simple attraction but somehow connected with OCD.

BrokenAge
12-07-16, 22:18
It doesn't sound like OCD to me, it sounds like you really like her haha but OCD can tune into things we like. How do you feel obsessed with her? Because it doesn't sound like you're really obsessed, just thinking about her. Which isn't a bad thing. Maybe when she's single you should go ask her out.

MyNameIsTerry
13-07-16, 05:17
I agree with Nick on this, it doesn't sound much like OCD.

The thing is, OCD traits can be seen in probably everyone. There is a line where it becomes OCD because of how it is affecting your life. Many of these treats are going to overlap into everyday thinking and how anyone may question an event or themselves.

This is just part of maturing and as a young guy you will learn your way through this.

You were attracted, you felt a connection and this emotion brings with it certain feelings & sensations. I think you are also a sensitive guy and so you will place more on your feelings than a guy that would jumped on her without knowing her name and forgot about her the next day as she was just another notch on the bed post.

You were anxious about it, that's doesn't mean you were anxiety disorder anxious about it. Your level of anxiousness could just be the same as anyone in that situation.

You may never see her ever again, so it's natural to forget her face. Try not to place too much on that and worry about it. That could be made into a problem if you berate yourself over it. Your subconscious has stored her face, but the fact is that this is not perhaps important enough to be cemented like a relationship or a friendship would be if you only briefly met her. So, don't feel guilty for that because your subconscious is doing what it has evolved too. You may even find you will remember her face at some point, whether it just pops up because you have stopped trying so hard to remember or something triggers it. For instance, you may smell something that reminds you of the situation and in pops the image and feelings...known as Mind Pops.

viking111
13-07-16, 14:11
Thanks for the responses.

SadieJ
13-07-16, 14:16
I can't relate to your post but this part i can

So, I used to have these intense feelings of nostalgia for older times but i managed to get over it.

I'm still like this, extreme nostalgia all the time. I've been like this from as young as 18 though.

viking111
14-07-16, 00:49
I can't relate to your post but this part i can

I'm still like this, extreme nostalgia all the time. I've been like this from as young as 18 though.

Interesting. I believe it is somehow wired in people, because I used to experience this nostalgia before. It passes in time, however the recent one I had lasted like a year but now it's kind of gone for good i believe.
It's interesting, I used to feel nostalgia for my past OCD suffering, which feels weird, considering it was negative thing.