PDA

View Full Version : Sick of this

wins829
12-07-16, 13:47
Lately I have symptoms every day. And everyday are different. I'm so sick of this ! Just want my normal life back! Is anyone feel the same ? And what you guys do to help! I need advice. Please help.

DisgracedAngel
12-07-16, 14:57
This was me...or rather it still is but this past week I am really trying for it not to be. I too am so tired of this taking over my life and I have started with the following:

I absolutely positively need to stay off Google. That is the worst of it. A normal ache, spot, stuffy nose, etc has turned into cancer/HIV/MS/lupus/diabetes, you name it.

I also need to not think about it. I seem to think I am dying more when I am NOT busy. If I stay busy, active and keep my mind off things, I am at my best. When I am feeling bad or convinced I am ill or becoming ill, I'll be a homebody but I CANT do that. Today I went out to a knitting group and later go for CBT group therapy. The latter I am kind of not looking forward to but at the same time I know it is a step towards getting healthy again.

Bearinmind
12-07-16, 16:28
Have been where you are many times. It's a terrible place to be... but it's also a good opportunity to heal yourself from your anxiety.

One way to heal anxiety is simply Resolve. If you get a very strong resolve to do something no matter what, the anxiety will seem less of an issue. That's what been helping me.

There was this one time that I got so depressed about my homebound, bedridden, weak state on a daily basis that I just got fed up with it. Seriously fed up with it, like boiling rage. I got so fed up with it that I didn't care for it anymore, I set on my mind that I'll be a reliable person and will do what I have to do, will do my duties as a man, regardless if that is gonna kill me or not, death-ready resolve.

Since then my anxiety has been healing like never before. I still felt very strong symptoms for some time after that but I didn't care for them anymore. Anything, even death, was better than bedridden. If me pushing through would cause my inevitable death, so be it, at least I would die while trying to do something important, instead of just moaning about at home. It was a decision of desperation, but it worked. My symptoms have become milder week by week and I have been feeling way better and med free. Life is slowly returning to normal.

wins829
13-07-16, 20:31
Thanks guys . You guys make me feel not alone on this . Sometimes I feel helpless. I have 3 kids I don't want feel like this everyday! I will try you guys advice. Just want feel like a normal person

busterrufus
13-07-16, 20:56
Wins829, I feel the same as you. Please do not google. You will find lots of advice on this forum. When I find things that work for me I will post. I think it depends on individuals as to which things work best for them.

Bearinmind, I found your reply to wins829 inspirational.

wins829
13-07-16, 21:55
@busterrufus thank you ! I didn't google for a while. Because that just drive me even more crazier. But in the same time the symptoms feels so real is bugging me so much. It been a week and a half now.just hope this will go way. Even just feel days .