PDA

View Full Version : I got better in the most unexpected way..

KatiePink
12-07-16, 16:23
I've not posted for a while now mainly because i had so much going on in my life but also because my constant symptom checking and googling disappeared! This is a long post just wanted to update people

So about 4-5 weeks ago i was suffering from bad health anxiety and had been going through a rough patch with it for about 6 months, signed off work on long term sick. During that time i did a CBT course and tried numerous things to get myself better, i was suffering from headaches, severe neck pain and stiffness, vision problems, jaw pain, twitching so on and so forth

Around 3 weeks ago my sister was induced early(I was a birthing partner), she had a high risk pregnancy towards the end because of a rare condition they picked up during a routine check which meant she couldn't go over 37weeks.
The hospital she was at was far away from home, i spent 3 days in the hospital and i can say they were probably the most worrying 3 days of my life! I had 10 hours sleep in total, no healthy foods or any of my usual comforts, on the 3rd day baby finally started to make a move, there were so many complications i couldn't begin to list them, it was immensely frightening at times even more so for somebody like me.

After all of the worry, and a lot of tears, i got to see my niece be born into the world and it was the most amazing experience of my life, going through such a wide range of emotions in such a short time and the overwhelming feeling of relief and happiness when she arrived safely is something i'll never forget.

Upon returning home and after a very long sleep! It occurred to me that during this time away, i hadn't experienced ANY of the usual problems i'd been having for the last 6 months, now surely if there was something WRONG with me physically, it wouldn't pause itself for three days to give me a break, i mean this was a very stressful and emotional time, and yet i physically felt the best i had felt in ages besides the tiredness.
This is what i put it down to

- Having something else to focus my attention on(albeit this wasn't a situation anyone wanted) it completely took over and i had not time to consider if i was potentially dying of a rare disease or a brain tumour.

- Being out of my comfort zone and a change in my routine, the way i was living every day was enabling my anxiety and all of my physical issues.

- Being more active, i walked more in those 3 days than i had in 6 months.

So after resting from the lack of sleep and food i told myself i was keeping this momentum up and not letting myself slip back in to old ways, and have since left my job after a lot of deliberating, i decided it was holding me back from moving forward with my life, although they were fantastic with me, i want a fresh start, i applied for a job that is something i've wanted to do for a long time, i had the first part of the interview process last week and the formal interview today!

I will hear back in 24-48 hours, even if i do not get this position i feel like i've took a huge step and restored some of my confidence just by putting myself out there, it was frightening but also liberating, i was choosing to do this and that felt good. I hope i haven't bored you all to sleep.. but that's my update, a positive one for a change!
:yahoo:

Fishmanpa
12-07-16, 16:35
Great post! What a different person you sound like Katie!

Positive thoughts!

KatiePink
12-07-16, 16:41
Great post! What a different person you sound like Katie!

Positive thoughts!

I feel it too, i've not googled or worried about a symptom in over two weeks, which at one point would have sounded impossible for me! Onwards and upwards :)

Elen
12-07-16, 16:49
Katie, what a brilliant post.

Well done you on being your sister's birthing partner, from the sounds of it she really need your support and congratulations on the birth of your niece.

It's amazing to hear the difference in your post, I can feel your vitatlity coming through the screen.

I think that you are totally correct and a complete change of direction could be the answer to keeping your progress going and I will keep my fingers crossed that you get this job.

All the best to you and your family.

Elen

Colicab85
12-07-16, 16:49
Thats awesome!

KatiePink
12-07-16, 17:16
Katie, what a brilliant post.

Well done you on being your sister's birthing partner, from the sounds of it she really need your support and congratulations on the birth of your niece.

It's amazing to hear the difference in your post, I can feel your vitatlity coming through the screen.

I think that you are totally correct and a complete change of direction could be the answer to keeping your progress going and I will keep my fingers crossed that you get this job.

All the best to you and your family.

Elen

Thank you :D

KatiePink
14-07-16, 12:18
Well it's been 48 hours and I haven't been contacted so it doesn't look good for me getting that position. Can't say I'm not disappointed purely because I really wanted it but I know I did my very best so no point mulling it over.
Time to keep looking I guess and hopefully find something just as good or better :D

Traceypo
14-07-16, 22:10
Well done hun, you've done brilliant, if you didn't get the job at least take pride in getting an interview, that's a challenge in itself.
You've made fab progress, exercise is a major one for me, I now love walking and do at least 3 miles per day.
Xxx

Leslie735
15-07-16, 20:13
Wonderful! Congratulations!!!

KatiePink
27-07-16, 10:59
So what happened is i didn't get this job, but a few days afterward the centre manager emailed me with details of the same job opening, but for another surgery down the road. I applied and had the interview yesterday.

I received a call from the manager today, but i'm quite confused as to what i've just agreed to :D he said that he really liked my personality and friendliness and thought i would fit in there well in many ways, but he was not sure about my experience and whether i would end up liking the role as it's very technical. So he said 'I've never done this before but would like to offer a trial for both of us, of 5 weeks where you will shadow somebody, get to see exactly what the job entails ect and then at the end of the 5 weeks, we will meet and decide if this is definitely something you want to continue in?'

So he would like me to start this trial next week, for 5 weeks, he asked me to bring in some I.D, but no bank account details? So i am thinking is this supposed to be 5 weeks unpaid work? Because i really couldn't do that, well it would truly be a struggle lol.

What do you guys think is it common to do unpaid trials for that long?

Kuatir
27-07-16, 11:37
Such a postive thread. It made me smile! And good luck with the trial, I am pretty sure it will be paid, but you should check. I do hear of long periods of unpaid work, but that is not sustainable for many people so have the confidence to say that you can't take the trial unpaid (or renegotiate the time period if you want).

KatiePink
27-07-16, 14:37
Thank you. Yes i think i will just ask, he said he would send an email to me later regarding the trial offer ect, so i will wait and see what this says and if it doesn't mention any pay i will have to bring it up. Awkward but i think with no guarantee of a job offer to do 5 weeks unpaid is a bit of an ask.. x

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

He sent the email with the details and it is paid. Phew. :roflmao:

So excited, feel like things are moving forward and although it has been really nerve wracking i can feel such a positive change in myself! Compared to a few months ago i;m a completely different person :)

Kuatir
27-07-16, 14:47
Good news! It is good to hear a really positive story :)