PDA

View Full Version : Taste Buds

Lifelonganxiety!
13-07-16, 17:54
Morning all.

I'm not worried about anything sinister here, just asking if anyone else has had this and what it turned out to be.

About a month ago I had a bad taste in my mouth, and couldn't eat spicy foods - even mild spice burned my tongue. I tried taking it easy on the spices, but for the last week or so, I've been getting random sweet tastes in my mouth, followed almost instantly by a salty taste. This is without eating anything, I just get these tastes.

I use a rather ill fitting snoring mouthpiece which rubs my tongue all night, and have tried all kinds of mouthwashes, brushing my tongue etc... it can help short term but always comes back.

Magic
13-07-16, 19:04
I have a horrible tinny taste in my mouth. I wondered if it was sinus trouble. I have been told that I snore in my sleep! I hate this taste ,I must have bought so many packets of mints or chewing gum to fill a shop.
I was blaming the tea I drink. I just drink coffee now as that helps, but the taste is still there. I too have bought mouth washes and bad breath sprays to make it go away.

DisgracedAngel
13-07-16, 20:27
Sounds like it may be that mouthpiece. You can rinse and brush all you want but if you keep using a mouthpiece that rubs on your tongue all night every night, it's not going to help much. Can you try a better one?