PDA

View Full Version : how to request a sick note from doctor about anxiety

elibabez
13-07-16, 20:37
so i suffer from major anxiety and after 3 months of trying my best, well the high pressure job im doing is almost too much for me
when i mentioned it today to my gp she simply said `i know youve told me about your high pressure job already`

i didnt dare to even mention the wanting a sick note to her but, i will have to ask a different gp, as she didnt seem interested or seem to understand what high anxiety is and how it makes being in the environment im in, virtually impossible

the doctors know ive been going there for 14 months to their surgery for medication and ive done two sets of cbt therapy, so surely if i feel my anxiety and mental health is still being affected by my job, theres no reason why they shouldnt write a sick note?

or may they still refuse to

i just find it like talking to a brick wall any time i discuss my anxiety with gps

almamatters
13-07-16, 20:43
I have never had a GP refuse to write me a sick note for anxiety, i have had a couple who have encouraged me to try and keep working at times of stress but on the whole if a Doctor knows you are struggling they will write one. I suppose it's a matter of explaining exactly how you feel and your situation and getting them too listen, perhaps there is a more sympathetic GP you could speak too?

elibabez
13-07-16, 21:20
I have never had a GP refuse to write me a sick note for anxiety, i have had a couple who have encouraged me to try and keep working at times of stress but on the whole if a Doctor knows you are struggling they will write one. I suppose it's a matter of explaining exactly how you feel and your situation and getting them too listen, perhaps there is a more sympathetic GP you could speak too?

well i dont want to stop working
i just want the sick note to say i cant take working in a high pressure environment as it is making me mentally sick

but if i quit because of my anxiety, i cant claim benefits while seeking a new job, as it is voluntarily quitting
so i am unsure what to do :wacko:

happyandsad
15-07-16, 15:33
once you have a valid sick note from your GP, you can sign on sick whilst you look for another less stressful job. job seekers allowance and employment support allowance are the same amount money wise but with the latter you are not expected to attend the job centre as you are not fit for work in the eyes of the law.