PDA

View Full Version : Bad dream

Becky2785
14-07-16, 01:44
Woke up with a bad dream with the worst anxiety I've had in weeks just need.to write it down and speak to someone my partner is asleep on the sofa because it's to warm in our bedroom at the moment I'm trying to calm myself down breathing and trying not.to be scared and remember to stay focused my heart is pounding out my chest I can see it moving so fast even took a propananol bout half 9.
Sorry it's the middle of the night but felt a little scared and have no one to speak too xx

Shazamataz
14-07-16, 03:30
Hi Becky, the night time panics are the worst. I find sometimes putting on the radio to a news/talkback station helpdsground me a little from hearing peoples voices. Hope it settles soon.

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:29 ----------

Also, I was told that beta blockers taken at night can give you nightmares. Remember it's just a dream! xx

MyNameIsTerry
14-07-16, 06:22
I hope you feel better, Beckie. :hugs:

Get up and move around. Try to distract yourself with something. Get a drink. Slow your breathing down and do the Calming Technique so it regulates your breathing and slows your HR.

I remember these well, they were bad. I still get them now at times but nothing like the intensity of those, now it's just anxiousness.

Play the games on here for a bit, something boring & mundane, nothing exciting.