PDA

View Full Version : Morning anxiety/thoughts

lg123
14-07-16, 09:57
The mornings are by far the worst time for me. When I wake up my anxiety immediately starts and goes sky high. The problem is that during this time it tries to attach itself to random thoughts I have to create intrusive thoughts. This doesn’t happen so much during the rest of the day, but it does often mean my day is shaped by what random thoughts have flitted through my mind at that time (this includes not being able to understand people and harm stuff). I’m not saying it the anxiety won’t attach to intrusive thoughts during the rest of the day, but it’s much less likely.

So how can I do something to stop this happening in the morning? I just feel like it’s going to end up attaching to more and more random thoughts, creating more and more intrusive thoughts. I know this probably isn’t the right attitude, but I feel like once my mind has attached to a thought and made it “intrusive” then I (obviously) can’t unthink that and it could come up at some point again in life. For example, before I had any intrusive thoughts, I would still get anxious but the anxiety wouldn’t be directed in this area so it would be much less scary. Now it’s like every time I get anxious there is a possibility I could end up with more intrusive thoughts. So I’d rather limit the amount of topics my intrusive thoughts cover, if that makes sense...