PDA

View Full Version : Will it ever go away??? Overwhelmed.

Apple86
14-07-16, 19:47
So I've been really trying to distract myself from my daily symptoms of anxiety which build up to full blown panic attacks. Today has been really rough and I've had lots of anxiety around my health.

Can someone tell me if this is normal?
*first symptom was weak legs - felt like I couldn't stand up on the train.
*got off the train and started feeling like I couldn't place one foot in front of the other - I was walking in a zig zag fashion.
At this point I tried to reassure myself that it was anxiety and that my legs were tired from the gym.
*got to work and my vision was getting really blurry in front of the computer screen.
I tried to reassure myself it was because of looking constantly at the screen OR anxiety.
*Went for a walk at lunch and my legs felt worse than before. I felt like I was going to topple off the curb and had to keep holding onto lampposts.
*I then started feeling really confused about where I was and what I was doing.
*Finished at work and headed home. Legs were very weak. I felt dizzy and even more confused. On the train I nearly had a panic attack - I was so jumpy and kept thinking that the train was rocking, and was freaked out by people talking loudly.
*I got home and felt exhausted. I tried to nap but as I drifted off I kept getting rushing thoughts - I was very worried by all the confusion.

Is it normal to feel like this? Is it normal to feel so confused that you lose perception of time, people around you, the physical environment? I'm really worried that I'm disconnected from the world and I can't explain these feelings to my partner. Sometimes every noise and smell are making me jump. I'm utterly exhausted so I'm guessing this may be adding to the anxiety.

At the moment I'm anxious all day, every day and I'm so worried that it'll never go away. Could this be something more than anxiety?

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

*also I'm scared that this anxiety is present wherever I am. I thought it was work related but it persists when I'm at home. I feel like I can't escape it.

Colicab85
15-07-16, 10:26
Yeah! It will go away!

I joined around the same time as you and mine has definitely gone away, feeling so much better now.

It'll definitely pass.

vicbanana
16-07-16, 12:00
This has been me for the last couple weeks and its driving me crazy. I feel incredibly disconnected and today kept trying to reassure myself that I was still present when I felt slightly better. I know it is anxiety, in fact I very well know it is anxiety because I have felt this before. Yet, I can't stop thinking about horrible things and trying to find answers. I too am overwhelmed.

All I really know is yes, it goes away. Something will eventually distract you enough. If you feel yourself going absolutely crazy, remember you are not alone and its all in your head. I'm trying to be positive and move on from this, I hate feeling like this :weep: