PDA

View Full Version : Saw my dr today, was given a book

Lissy43
19-03-07, 13:51
He wasn't very happy, he has man flu so wasn't quite with it but managed to talk abit about how I was feeling. He has given me a book on prescription called 'how to stop worrying' by Frank Tallis, anyone read it? I am not quite sure it will help as its not about health anxiety as such. He did say if its no help then to come back.
I told him I was feeling anxious again, worrying all the time about this blocked ear I keep getting after every cold. He checked me over, said yes I have a virus but my ears were fine.

Its just my left ear, since ive had sinusitis last month ive had a blocked ear on my left side, the tube from ear to throat feels full of pressure and my nostril and cheek on left side do aswell. Dr didn't say anything other than 'I feel shit aswell today so your not alone', lol! He said there is a nasty virus going around and not to worry, that was that.

Thing is I am still worrying about why my ear keeps feeling like this, I worry incase its chronic sinusitis now or an ear problem and my ear nose & throat dr last year told me these things can lead to meningitis but in rare cases, that won't stop me worrying;-)

My dr talked to me about how ive had alot on my plate, friend of family dying suddenly from a brain haemorage, grandad dying yesterday, he said its bound to knock me abit so he is hoping this book will help.

Anyway there you go, thats my update, not very exciting and im not hopeful this book will help at all but I shall give it a go.

airwolf451
19-03-07, 15:07
hey chery , im fo rever complaining about my left ear, feels like a crusging feeling,.

and over thge last few weeks i now have a dry nose, and sore eyes too.

had my doc look at my ears last week, but no inffection and no temp, he said there is nothing wrong. and its just anxiety.

which i find hard to accpet, but if they cant find anything , what else could it be.

and what is sinusitis? i have heard lots of people talking about it, but still dont know what it is.

Lissy43
19-03-07, 17:57
Sounds like what I get.

Sinusitis usually happens after a cold its when the sinuses in the face (above eyebrow and in cheek) get blocked up with mucus, if they do not drain you end up with an infection, it can clear on its own but sometimes antibiotics are needed.

The dr would know if you had sinusitis, to have chronic sinusitis you would had to of had acute sinusitis and you would know of you had that, I had it last month, it was so painful.