PDA

View Full Version : Strange crumpling/woosh sound in left ear after pulling/rubbing either ear

Jordan85
15-07-16, 21:37
Hey there,

Here's yet another new thing that's bothering me - 3 days ago I noticed that after rubbing my right ear which was itchy at the time a sound lasting only half a second followed in my left.

It's a hard sound to describe, it's like crumpled paper or the blocked sort of sound sound I believe some people (me included) can make voluntarily by rumbling our ears at the same time. It only happens in my left ear even after I rub my right ear, it happens most of the time I rub my left too.

It was a rumbling sound in my head that triggered 8 months of health anxiety from ears to eyes, moles and whatever else, I feel like I've come full circle back to my ears which had been fine over the last few months.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

countrygirl
15-07-16, 22:31
Any wax in the ear canal can make the crumpling noise when the ear is moved. Perfectly normal to experience this and some people have more wax than others. Depending on how wet or dry the wax is changes the noise it makes.

Jordan85
18-07-16, 11:39
Thanks for getting back to me Countrygirl, I was able to remove a little more wax this morning with a deeper clean but the flutter is still there after touching my ear.

I'm starting to panic a bit now as it's been there for 4 or 5 days now and no real improvement :(