PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

d.artemis
15-07-16, 23:38
Thought I would introduce myself; recently started suffering from anxiety and mild panic attacks while driving. I had a bad accident last year, but I don't think the anxiety is because of this. I had a lot of stress last year (my father passed away and my family turned on me) and this affected my approach to driving - I would drive recklessly, leading to my accident. The anxiety was present before the accident. This year, it has made a comeback since I have got behind the driving wheel and I am not sure how to deal with it. I drive very carefully now... but here I am, due to my persistent anxiety :)

venusbluejeans
15-07-16, 23:44
Hiya d.artemis and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
16-07-16, 11:48
Good morning d.artemis. Much like yourself I suffer with driving anxiety due to my agoraphobic issues. It's not too bad after I get going, but my problem starts after I get to my destination, weird right? My bigger problem is when I'm a passenger, my daughter hates driving me anywhere, I get too panicky.

My point is you are at the right place. When I first discovered this site two years ago I was a mess trying to adjust to renewed anxiety and stress issues. But the information other users shared was and is a great help. My hope is that this site will be a great source of information and support for you. Best to you d.artemis on your journey.