PDA

View Full Version : Constant Health Anxiety and Heart worry

dorycamren
15-07-16, 23:52
Hi! Im a 13 year old healthy girl with no past experience with heart problems. It started when I had a pressure over my heart a couple weeks ago. (it is gone now) I went to the doctor the next day & they did blood tests and an EKG. They said my heart is normal and for me not to be worried. Ihad a panic attack later on around 1 AM and now I am in constant fear of my heart. I cannot go anywhere without feeling as if im gonna passout. I am constantly chdcking my pulse and barely eating. I have read about heart palpitations and I am half convinced I am dealing with that. My pulse goes from very strong to very light, almost as if you cant feel it. I am afraid my heart will randomly stop at any moment. I have felt skipped beats. I am almost positive nothing is weong but my anxiety constantly makes me feel like the worst is gonna happen. I cannot relax and I cant fall asleep without thinking I wont wake up the next day. If ANYBODY can relate to this, please comment or message me. Its ruining my summer and I am losing people because of this. I just want to feel like a regular person again.

Kuatir
18-07-16, 17:07
Hi.

Anxiety is that thing causing your chest pains\palpitations and it is also telling you that your heart is causing it. Your heart is fine. The EKG proved that. You have to take the step towards managing your anxiety and that will reduce the physical symptoms you are having.

So go to the doctors and tell them how you are feeling and talk to them about your options. Some therapy, for example, can help you learn to manage your mental health.

jonowalks
18-07-16, 19:41
Sounds like classic health anxiety to me. I suffer from this also and at times I'm absolutely obsessed that something is wrong with my heart. Pulse checking, blood pressure checking, the whole lot. The way I "try" to deal with it and believe me it takes a lot of effort is to realise that I've got an obsessive need to worry about something and it manifests into checking myself all the time. It's like you can't find anything else to worry about and when that happens you go inside yourself and start there instead. My only advice would be try and resist the urge to check yourself and over time you'll get used to not doing it. It's hard though, I still do it from time to time now for reassurance.