PDA

View Full Version : advise on changing medication for acute anxiety

rodds
16-07-16, 11:00
im currently on 25mg quetiapine I take 4 tablets a day, is there a different tablet I could take instead as my body seems to have got used to these tablets and don't seem to be working, is there something people say that works for anxiety so I can ask doctor for. all advise welcome thanks rodds :weep::weep:

debs71
16-07-16, 15:22
Hi,

I've been on and off Escitalopram, which is an SSRI drug which treats depression/GAD/Panic disorder for 13 years now, and I can highly recommend it, personally.

Meds are quite a subjective thing, and what works for some may not work for others, so it is in the eye of the beholder as to how effective a particular med may be, but my GAD and panic attacks significantly got better on this med.

I hope you find some relief.:hugs:

Fishmanpa
16-07-16, 15:39
Meds are quite a subjective thing, and what works for some may not work for others

Agreed. That's why there are so many on the market. Psychotropics are a relatively new science in the big scheme of things. My daughter was on Zoloft and it helped but it stopped working for whatever reason. She tried three meds and went through the ramp up and cross-tapering side effects until she and her docs found one that works and she's doing great now.

Speak to your doctor about this. Hopefully you find one that works for you.

Positive thoughts

ana
17-07-16, 12:39
Xanax worked fine for me. Also, Rivotril. I withdrew Rivotril 2 days ago, but it was the only medication that actually did the trick.