PDA

View Full Version : Increased dose

samm11uk
16-07-16, 11:02
I have been on Citalopram on and off since I was 16. I had a long settled period on 20mg where I was getting where I wanted to be in life. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in January so life has turned upside down. I just knuckled down and got in with it as is my way and have done really well physically.

However about 3 weeks ago I woke in the night with a panic attack. Since then I've had a generalised anxiety that is difficult to get rid of. My GP has upped me to 30mg and I'm in day 16. Things got significantly worse but the past 3 days have been better with less anxiety. I am also using the DARE response and seeing a hypnotherapist.

Today I feel low. Anxiety is not to bad - I woke up with it but I'm always worse in a morning. I feel very down and a bit hopeless. Hoping it's just the Citalopram kicking in. I'm a pharmacist so know about things worsening before they improve but I'm in a very lonely place and any support would be appreciated.

I've just finished work for a weeks holiday and I think it's worrying me.

Any support welcome x

Suziewuzie
16-07-16, 22:37
You've had a lot going on & you've just changed your dose - I'm not surprised you're feeling a bit naff! It's positive that your anxiety isn't as bad - at least the upped dose is doing something.
I think when you have a panic attack out of the blue it does knock you down, that's really what caused me to go on a downward spiral after having a big panic attack after a long time without.
Are you going away for your weeks holiday or just staying home? I've noticed I feel anxious now when I have time off work because I'm worried I'll have free time to think and worry.
I don't know if I'm helping at all because I'm just rambling here, but please don't feel alone. Everyone in this forum understands how you feel :)

samm11uk
17-07-16, 09:52
Thanks. Support means a lot. I've been at home this weekend which is when I sit and think about nothing else than anxiety/depression! Going to my mums tomorrow so hoping the change of scenery will help.

I just need some respite from it. Went to bed at 9pm last night as I felt truly horrible. It seems like sleep is the only thing I look forward to at the moment.

I just want to know that this will end and I won't always feel like this!