PDA

View Full Version : Joint/muscular aches and pains from anxiety?

carabijoux
16-07-16, 13:53
Hi everyone!

I'm curious to know whether this has affected anyone else.

I've had a couple of weeks of extreme anxiety, and I went back on Prozac (Fluoxetine) just over a week ago.

Over the last couple of days, I've not only felt exhausted, but had significant joint/muscular pain, too.

It's mostly in the joints in my fingers, my hands, my wrists - but then also across my shoulders, my arm and leg muscles, and just overall I feel like I've been beaten up.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of pain after a particularly hard couple of weeks with anxiety?

I know that I feel tense - I can feel it in my back and shoulder muscles especially.

I'm due to go on holiday tomorrow (ironically to help my anxiety for a few days) but now I'm worried about what these aches and pains are :(

Thank you so much in advance!

C xo

busterrufus
16-07-16, 16:39
Hello, sorry to hear of your problem.
I have been having pain and other symptoms in my legs for a few weeks now and have not got the better of it yet. However 4 years ago I had problems with arm/chest pain for a couple of weeks and when I went away for a pre planned 2 night break the symptoms went and stayed away for a few more weeks. Something similar may happen for you. Hope it does improve. Ruth

Magic
17-07-16, 01:25
I have the same thing, I am never free from pain. I take painkillers sometimes.
I think it is stress related . I sometimes have massage for shoulders . it does help but I have to pay for it. I would love to go to a Spa where I could be pampered and be relaxed.
I hope you feel better when you have come home cara x

MyNameIsTerry
17-07-16, 08:51
I have the same thing, I am never free from pain. I take painkillers sometimes.
I think it is stress related . I sometimes have massage for shoulders . it does help but I have to pay for it. I would love to go to a Spa where I could be pampered and be relaxed.
I hope you feel better when you have come home cara x

What cheek, your husband charges you for a massage?!!! You'll have to get him put back in his place, Magic. Remind him of his vows, he does what he's told now! :roflmao:

(I've been watching Last Of The Summer Wine and Nora was bossing Wally about something rotten, then there's Ivy hitting Syd with the serving tray in the cafe after shouting at him for being useless :D)

Magic
17-07-16, 22:13
:D:D:D Terry you are so naughty.
I ought to have said---I go to a physiotherapist for a massage.
Oh yes Last of the summer wine. I do miss it x

Fishmanpa
17-07-16, 22:50
It makes total sense that one would have muscle and joint pain from anxiety. If your muscles are constantly tensed due to stress, you'll experience aches, soreness and fatigue. Things like TMJ and neck issues are often attributed to anxiety and stress.

Positive thoughts