PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Pearly queen
16-07-16, 21:08
Hi everyone, I am grateful to have found this site and am sure I will be a regular here as I seem to have so many hang ups! I suffer from health anxiety both my own and worrying about other people, mainly my Mum! I seem to go to my doctors a lot more than I used to and every time I get the all clear I promise myself I will stop worrying. It never lasts though as another symptom is just around the corner! I wonder if my symptoms are in my head or real and how on earth do I tell the difference?

Sorry for the long introduction but I really needed to get that off my chest as I don't ever think anyone else understands. My husband tries to be supportive but I think he honestly thinks I'm going mad.

venusbluejeans
16-07-16, 21:13
Hiya Pearly queen and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
21-07-16, 11:04
Good morning Pearly queen. If you spouse thinks you're mad, I'd hate to know what my wife thinks. (That's a joke, she already knows I'm nuts.) Like Venus said, welcome to NMP. I'm sure as you explore the site you will find information and a sympathic ear to your situation.

There is an old saying that goes, "just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you." I also suffer from health anxiety and that along with my panic make for an interesting combination. When I would have a panic attack, I have the symptoms like rapid heartbeat, sweating, shortness of breath, etc. But after a short time my symptoms would pass.

But last year I was under a great deal of pressure to complete my graduate studies. The result of that along with my poor diet, crappy lifestyle, smoking, and preexisting stress; ended up landing me in the hospital for seven days and requiring heart surgery. But before that for a week I'd convinced myself it was just panic and nothing more.

Without trying to add to your anxiety, what I am saying is sometimes bad things happen. If you work to live as stress free as possible and take care of yourself, hopefully you will live a long boring life. But if you do get sick, don't panic, instead do your best to be proactive and fix the situation.

Don't let worry rule your life, but don't ignore health or mental issues either. Take control of the situation and don't allow fear to run your life. Pearly queen, there are some great helps here for you. Use this site as a place for information, a sounding board for your frustrations, and a place of community. Best to you on your journey.